Has anyone successfully challenged a refusal to grant an assessment/EHCP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone successfully challenged a refusal to grant an assessment/EHCP?

Options
Dannyomc
Dannyomc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2022 in Education
Hi, my lad is 16. GCSE year. He was diagnosed with ADHD in August 2020 (after many years trying to achieve school support). He had a torrid time in November when we complained as to how 4 teachers on 4 occasions failed on 4 opportunities to implement  Passport provisions which would otherwise have benefitted him School has not made 'reasonable adjustments' for him (so another complaint to go in). Plus the LA has refused an application for an EHCP. He wants to go to college to study Sports Development and colleges are supportive but we feel we need an EHCP for college and beyond,
Has anyone successfully challenged a refusal to grant an assessment/EHCP and would be willing to share their submission arguments (obviously with names etc deleted) just so we understand the legal grounds for appealing?? Obviously school should be doing more and we'll also complain there but we don't want his EHCP application tossed between LA and school.   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Danny
Tagged:

Comments

• Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

Whilst I don't have any personal experience of this myself, have you tried contacting IPSEA? 
    (Independent Provider of Special Education Advice) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.