Malicious neighbour's — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Malicious neighbour's

imc1
imc1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I live in a close off hammond drive, there are a few women that spread lies, and false statments,  I am at my wits end, one is like a spy that talks to me, then goes to all the Naibours and lies disgusting rumours, she may be sick, I don't know, but it's just not normal. It is bringing me down very much...

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger

Thanks for posting, and sorry to read that you are going through this at the moment. Having neighbours that you are suspicious of and can't trust is a really challenging thing to experience. When you have a home and want to be happy in that home, a large part of it is being able to get on with those living nearby and it's a shame to hear that you've been having issues with some people that live near you.

Have you confronted them at all about the lies they have been telling about you? I realise that it may sound like a daunting prospect, but I find that open, kind natured and honest conversations can lead to a positive resolution for all involved. Perhaps there have been misunderstandings and they have unknowingly told lies about you.

It could also be worth speaking with the neighbours who have been told the lies and just clarifying that what they have heard isn't true, if that would help to put your mind at ease.

Sorry to hear about how much this is getting you down, it sounds like a really challenging situation. Hopefully the community can be here for you to help cheer you up a bit, and do ensure you take care of yourself and relax as best as possible.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.