Research: disabled people's experiences of remote and/or hybrid working — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research: disabled people's experiences of remote and/or hybrid working

Options
htaylor11
htaylor11 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2022 in Research and opportunities

The Work Foundation and Dr Paula Holland, from Lancaster University Faculty of Health and Medicine, are conducting a study with City Bridge Trust to explore the experiences of pandemic remote and hybrid working from the perspective of disabled workers, focusing on:

• the positive and negative aspects of remote and hybrid working;
  • factors supporting inclusive remote and hybrid working, including use of digital technologies;
  • managing a disability/health condition while remote and hybrid working;
  • the importance of remote and hybrid working for job retention and career progression;
  • experiences of accessing training or work opportunities while remote and hybrid working;
  • experiences of requesting workplace adjustments for remote/hybrid working;
  • unmet needs (equipment, support, communication).

We hope that this information will ensure disabled workers and workers with long-term health conditions will be better supported while remote and hybrid working. We will be developing a guide for employers and recommendations for policymakers. 

We would like to hear from people with experiences of remote work, as well as people out of work who may or may not have worked remotely in the past.

If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like to share your opinions and experiences of remote and hybrid working with us you can access the survey here: https://lancasteruni.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cZb6yoNbepYNmzY?jfefe=new 

Participants who opt-in and are selected for an interview will receive a £30 Love2Shop voucher. 

For more information or to request an easy read version of the survey, please contact me: Heather Taylor, h.taylor11@lancaster.ac.uk 

Thank you!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello there @htaylor11 thanks for sharing your research here on the community, we wish you the best of luck! Please see our disclaimer below:

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Research and opportunities to get involved in board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @htaylor11

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I can see @Alex_Scope is supporting you with your research request. In the meantime, I just wanted to say it is okay, it is an easy mistake to mistake and I am wishing you all the best of luck with your research - what an important and prevalent topic indeed!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • htaylor11
    Options
    Hi @htaylor11

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I can see @Alex_Scope is supporting you with your research request. In the meantime, I just wanted to say it is okay, it is an easy mistake to mistake and I am wishing you all the best of luck with your research - what an important and prevalent topic indeed!  :)
    Thank you! I am really excited about this project. 
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon https://forum.scope.org.uk/profile/htaylor11,

A friendly welcome to you  :) . Such an interesting and relevant subject! I think this will resonate with many people working from home during the Covid Pandemic.

I hope you receive a qualitative sample of participants for the survey. Good luck with your study! 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Was really simple to fill out 👍
  • seagullz
    seagullz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Just filled this out
  • htaylor11
    Options
  • pink_princess
    Options
    Such an interesting topic when are you doing interviews.
  • pink_princess
    Options
    Is this project happening?
  • htaylor11
    Options
    Hi - apologies I have been on leave. 

We started doing interviews last month and are continuing to do them throughout April. We have a long list of potential interviewees to get through (which is great!) so there may be a delay in getting back to some people.
  • pink_princess
    Options
    Ok thanks for keeping me updated I’ll look forward to that.
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    its for working and non working disabled people who may or may not have experience of remote working? Does that not sound like almost everyone? Or is it an attempt at appearing non discrininatory and you'll filter those non workers no remote experience out later.
    I feel like your looking at  people at scope as a source of fodder to 
    Populate your empty theory.
    Your choice of giving love2shop vouchers Speaks volumes too.

• pink_princess
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Looking forward to getting involved  and I think the vouchers are just an appreciation of our time. 😀
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have hit it in one there @pink_princess. The vouchers will indeed be to show appreciation for all your time and effort  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

• htaylor11
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Looking forward to getting involved  and I think the vouchers are just an appreciation of our time. 😀
    Hi @pink_princess , If you haven't already heard from us about scheduling an interview, and you are still interested in taking part, can you please email me again at h.taylor11@lancaster.ac.uk? I think a couple of people may have slipped through and I don't want to accidentally miss you out! Thank you. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Thanks @htaylor11 for doing what you can to ensure no one accidentally gets left out  :)

• pink_princess
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi

@htaylor11 yes still interested much appreciated making sure nobody gets left out I have emailed again.

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    Good luck @pink_princess :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.