Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lwrca backpay

Options
viczzz
viczzz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi was wondering if anyone could help, I handed in my first fit note June 4th last year and the last one I put in November is up to January next year, I applied for lwrca and sent the questionair back in 16th June last year was ment to have my assesment January 18th this year but couldn't as my phone was broken so they re booked for the 23rd of this month the lady why done the assesment told me at the end she would be awarding the lwrca and I'd have a letter in 6 weeks with the decision but not to worry as she would be putting down for the lwrca so my question is will I get back dated from October or will it be from January as I couldn't attend the first assessment, my assessment dates the 18th 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,065 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The person that did the assessment should not have said anything to you because it’s not their job to do that. They don’t make decisions. 
    The only person that can make the decision is a decision maker from DWP. 
    If found to have LCWRA then the extra money will be paid from either October or November. Depending on the dates of your assessment periods.
    Once a decisions been made you will receive the letter on your journal. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • viczzz
    viczzz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yeah I was a bit shocked she told me I would, although it was inevitable I was going to be awarded it so think she was just reassuring me of that, aww fab thank you wasn't sure if because I missed the first assessment if it would be October or January thank you for your help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,065 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's some conditions that automatically entitle someone to LCWRA without an assessment. This would be someone that has a terminal illness with life expectancy to be 6 months or less.
    You are receiving treatment for cancer by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
    For this to apply you must either be actually receiving it, or: you are likely to receive such treatment within 6 months; or you are recovering from such treatment;
    Those claimants wouldn't be expected to have an assessment.
    It's good to remain positive but the decision hasn't been made yet. It was wrong of her to even reassure you because the decision isn't hers to make.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.