If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA - I don't know what this means?

Options
MacLeanK
MacLeanK Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there,
I have been getting UC since May 2020, and in December 2021 was asked to fill in a UC50 assessment which I did. I have looked in my journal today and it says that I have limited capability for work and work-related activity. To be honest, I don't know what this means...I never had a face to face or over the phone assessment so how have I been awarded this yet? Or do you not need to have one? I then am not very sure about the payments or how much it is, or if it gets backdated. There are a few monthly gaps in my fit notes and don't know if that effects anything. If anyone could help me out I would be grateful. Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,197 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    LCWRA means you no longer have to send fit notes or attend any further appointments. Sounds like they made a decision based on the evidence you sent, it's rare but it can happen.
    It also means that you'll be entitled to an extra £343.63 per month from the 4th month of your claim. Providing you're not claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA element on your claim.
    When it's paid from exactly will depend on what date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive your payment each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MacLeanK
    Options
    LCWRA means you no longer have to send fit notes or attend any further appointments. Sounds like they made a decision based on the evidence you sent, it's rare but it can happen.
    It also means that you'll be entitled to an extra £343.63 per month from the 4th month of your claim. Providing you're not claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA element on your claim.
    When it's paid from exactly will depend on what date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive your payment each month.
    Thank you so much for helping me out! I don't claim UC with my partner or anything else for that matter. I reported my health condition from the start when I started claiming, as well as my fit notes have always stated my condition. I sent away the assessment form on the 9th of January and they wanted to receive it by the 14th of January. I receive my UC on the 15th of each month. Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    This means your waiting period will be May/June, June/July, July/August.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 9th August - 8th September and first payment 15th September 2020. This means they owe you about 18 months of money.
    Before they pay you this they will recalculate your past statements so they can work out exactly how much they owe you. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe. Once it's paid it will take 3-5 days to go into your bank. It can often take a few weeks for them to do all of this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MacLeanK
    Options
    This means your waiting period will be May/June, June/July, July/August.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 9th August - 8th September and first payment 15th September 2020. This means they owe you about 18 months of money.
    Before they pay you this they will recalculate your past statements so they can work out exactly how much they owe you. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe. Once it's paid it will take 3-5 days to go into your bank. It can often take a few weeks for them to do all of this.
    Thank you again for helping me out. Would these 18 months be penalised because of the few gaps in fit notes? I got most of them backdated however I know there are some that were not? Thank you again.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Potentially yes because they do ask that you continue to send them without any gaps. You should have also got reminders on your journal when one was about to expire.
  • MacLeanK
    Options
    Potentially yes because they do ask that you continue to send them without any gaps. You should have also got reminders on your journal when one was about to expire.
    I completely understand that. Do you happen to know what happens if there are gaps in fit notes? Does the back payment still start from the beginning but omit the periods of time were fit notes were not given or does it only get back dated as far as the fit notes have been consistently given? Or does it just depend on each person and their circumstances? Thank you again.
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    Options
    They may only pay you for the periods where the fit notes were sent. Only a decision maker can make this decision.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Or may take the starting point for the three month wait as the date from which the Fit Notes are continuous.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.