I'm trying to get a blue badge for my sister. Can someone tell me whether she gets DLA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm trying to get a blue badge for my sister. Can someone tell me whether she gets DLA?

Options
Tonyward
Tonyward Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, can anyone help me? I am filling in  a form for my sister who has learning difficulties and was recently diagnosed with 2 serious illnesses. I am trying to get a blue badge and the form asks me if she receives Disability Living Allowance and the summaries on her benefits letters are not clear. She does receive 'money because of the Disability Income Guarantee' and she also receives PIP. Are either of these 2 anything to do with or are they Disability Living allowance? 

Any help would be very gratefully appreciated.

Tony

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The "disability Income Guarantee" is a disability premium payable when claiming Income Related ESA and isn't relevent to a Blue badge claim.
    IN England, to be automatically entitled to a blue badge part of the criteria is PIP mobility award but it depends where the points were scored. She will need to have scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of PIP. Or 10 points for following and planning a journey descriptor "E" Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.
    You will need to check her PIP award to see what award she has and exactly where those points were scored.
    There will be other ways to automatically qualify but you'll need to have a look at the criteria for her Local Authority. Check here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tonyward
    Tonyward Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Poppy123456, thank you for you prompt and very concise reply. It has clarified exactly what I need to do from here. I really appreciate your help!!

Tony
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad i could help! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.