Hi, my name is dmadave! I have been working since I was 15 but I have become ill — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dmadave! I have been working since I was 15 but I have become ill

Options
dmadave
dmadave Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I wonder if anyone can help
i have been working since I was 15 years old but I had become Ill, I am now almost 60 the illness which landed me needing a stick to walk, alongside degenerative bone disease we high has made walking very painful, I am on lots of medication  and I had to claim universal credit, I have regularly provided certificates from my doctor and kept my work coach up to date with my condition, but every week I am contacted and have also been contacted by a thing called the jets programme, I am currently suffering from depression due to the illness and the calls are making me feel so much worse, can anyone advise how I can get some peace and stop the regular calls while I am I’ll thank you in advance Dave 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Have you reported your condition through your uc account and submitted the fit notes 

After 28 days fit note you should be referred for work capability process 

Until this is complete you are deemed a job seeker and subject to work commitments including meeting your work coach 

Your meetings can be switched off or done by phone at discretion of your work coach 

The work capability process takes a while to gi through but if you are found to have limited capability for work and work related activity there is am additional uc payment and you won't be required to look for work or attend any meetings 
  • dmadave
    dmadave Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your kind kind advice 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @dmadave

Welcome to the community, I hope you are having a nice Saturday so far!

I'm glad to see that Jane has welcomed you to the community and given some information about your UC, I hope that has been helpful. We do have a UC category that you might be interested in browsing for related discussions.

Have you made your GP or medical team aware of the depression that you have experienced and are they supporting you to manage it? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When did you start your claim? Have you been sent and completed a UC50 (health questionnaire form) yet? 
    You can ask your work coach to use their discretion to turn off work related requirements pending outcome of the Work Capability Assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.