If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Member's Absence.

Options
13»

Comments

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @chiarieds, Thank you for informing me of @Username_removed absence yet again! I'm quite at a loss to even begin to understand it :(.....I have book marked lots of advice that he has taken the time to give on here...and I really do think that this forum overall will miss his valued comments..I have saw lots of Members thanking him for the advice they received..It has really made me sigh at the end of the day..
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you again @Justcheckingin15 - several of us have bookmarked Mike's great advice, now sadly gone, & also him. He gave so freely of his time & knowledge, & will be missed by many. Unfortunately this time it's not an absence, rather he's been banned from the community. Several of us are at a loss as to why. Thank you for your kind reply: I thought you'd want to know.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    @chiarieds, Would you be able to private message me?
  • chiarieds
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ....I have book marked lots of advice that he has taken the time to give on here...
    Unfortunately the Scope team have chosen to delete all of that advice. There are now many threads on the forum which make little sense.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    @calcotti..I have also 'screenshotted' quite a few...as I found them invaluable...so Mike's advice lives to fight another day!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,810 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm reluctant to get into a debate as to wether mikehughescq was a saint or not, I will only say that the side I saw was not what some saw.
    But I have no intention of making further comment as it would not be the right thing to do.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Discussions relating to other members' account statuses are generally not allowed, as this is not something we can engage in a debate over, or something we can discuss or respond to.

We understand in this instance that this has been raised to let others who might be concerned over a member's absence know what has happened. However, this has now been achieved and we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Discussions relating to other members' account statuses are generally not allowed, as this is not something we can engage in a debate over, or something we can discuss or respond to.

We understand in this instance that this has been raised to let others who might be concerned over a member's absence know what has happened. However, this has now been achieved and we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.

You could have resolved this by reinstalling Mike's valuable advice that you have deleted. That is what is annoying people here.
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, delete someones valueable comments over a period of 6 years and then leave comments that are passive aggressive.. sounds about right.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Sorry woodbine. but really no need to mark lisa's last comment as 'awesome'; please show some discretion as Ross has kindly done.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine I saw the same and more but he is gone now 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope I think everyone is aware now that Mike has gone so I see no need for a thread that is turning "passive aggressive  "
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mike is a lovely person, with a heart of gold. His comments were removed, whilst other comments remain. There's nothing further to be said really.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.