Pip assessment lasted 2 hours I had a trainee — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment lasted 2 hours I had a trainee

Options
gowe
gowe Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Anyone else had an assessor in training and ur lasted 2 hours! 
It was horrible she was not very understanding at all and I felt she was very patronising. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    I've had a few PIP assessments in the past 9 years but not a trainee. An assessment can last anything from 20 - 120 minutes. Sometimes the questions they ask can make you feel they're patronising but it's all part of the assessment process. I've not personally had any problems claiming PIP since 2013.
    Waiting times for a decision can be anything from 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My ESA was done by a trainee who had a manager with her, thought it had gone well and it had. I suppose they have to be trained.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• gowe
    Options
    Hi @gowe Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that. Did the assessor in training have a mentor with them?  Fingers crossed you get a good outcome as this is only part of your claim. Take care.
    Hi @Teddybear12 Thankyou, yes she said to me she was in training so she had to have someone listen in on the call, I really hope so it was horrible. 
    I just hope she took everything on board and didn’t tell any lies like they do at times.
    Thankyou so much 
    you take care too 
  • gowe
    Options
    Hi,
    I've had a few PIP assessments in the past 9 years but not a trainee. An assessment can last anything from 20 - 120 minutes. Sometimes the questions they ask can make you feel they're patronising but it's all part of the assessment process. I've not personally had any problems claiming PIP since 2013.
    Waiting times for a decision can be anything from 2-12 weeks.
    Hi @poppy123456 Thankyou for the reply, she said to me at the start it should last an hour, it took 2 hours, all sorts of trick questions being fired at me such as did I go to a normal school and get any qualifications…I left school 21 years ago. 
    I have read this can be a memory trick question, the thing is my memory is so bad mainly my short term memory but it all started to get worse two years ago so it’s silly to ask me about school I thought.
    its good to hear you have not had any problems, I hope I get a good outcome I couldn’t cope with it going to tribunal. 
  • gowe
    Options
    woodbine said:
    My ESA was done by a trainee who had a manager with her, thought it had gone well and it had. I suppose they have to be trained.
    Hey, Thankyou for the reply, glad yours went well that’s good to hear. Yes you are right they do have to be trained. Hopefully it went better than I’ve been thinking. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no trick questions, they are all part of the process used to gather more information about how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.