Ramadan

Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 58,061 Championing
Just a heads up to all Muslims who are fasting this month. Its a hard thing todo, not eating or drinking in day time hours.

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,633 Championing
               We have been in Turkey  at Ramadan when the temperatures have been in the 30s and how they do it I'll never know, I have a lot of respect for them. The boys and girls still manage to serve in the restaurants and bars with a smile on their faces and after sunset when they have drunk and eaten the smiles get larger.  :)
  • Sandy_123
    @vikingqueen they get up before sunrise and eat and drink then nothing until unset. The people who are ill or have illnesses are  not obliged to fast but give money to charity. Also the month they fast moves, so sometimes it's winter and sometimes summer or as now spring, so different times 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,633 Championing
          I know it's at different times of the year @Sandy_123, we use to go twice a year before lockdown and have quite often been there at Ramadan.  Most of the people in the village where we stay follow the fasting. It still amazes me how they manage to do it in the heat
        We are going back to Turkey in June so will miss it but we will be there for Bayram which is a religious festival and that is at  different times every year, it's a brilliant time as it doesn't matter whether you are a local or a visitor everyone comes together to celebrate and there are meals, clothes, money and lots of sweets given to the poor. It is very humbling to see.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,537 Championing
    edited April 2022
  • Sandy_123
    Sounds the ideal time to go @vikingqueen, plus should be nice weather in June. 
    Thanks for the link @leecal I wasn't aware of the fast I thought they just gave something up for lent.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,874 Championing
    I would be good at it I can go days without eating and drinking lol 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone observing the month :) 
  • Tori_Scope
    I hope you don't do that too often @lisathomas50! It's important to look after your body, and stay as hydrated and well-fed as you can. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,874 Championing
    @Tori_Scope hard sometimes 
  • Tori_Scope
    It certainly is @lisathomas50. And sometimes the worse you feel, the less inclined you then are to help yourself feel better. Do you try and keep a routine with eating and drinking?