If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are all 1st time PIP assessments being done by phone?

Options
Jamescasali
Jamescasali Community member Posts: 86 Connected
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello Everyone, 
Im just wondering whether all 1st time PIP assessments are being done by phone ? if anyone knows
Thanks

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jamescasali

Thanks for your post and what a great question too! Unfortunately, this is not an area of my expertise. This means I can only hope someone with more knowledge in this area is able to respond to you soon.

In the meantime, I just wanted to respond to let you know we hear you and are here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In this thread here you said you were awarded standard for both parts of PIP. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/90145/lcwra-questions#latest If this is correct then i'm unsure why you're asking about telephone assessments.
    If you're requesting the MR for that PIP decision then there's no more assessments for the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assessments are either by telephone, face to face or video call.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • audrey78
    audrey78 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    I applied on 19th Jan 1st time and had my telephone assessment yesterday what a nightmare for the 1st half of the call felt like I was being spoken down to by a teacher then 2nd half of call it was like her personality switched to being a bit more nicer so glad it's over 
  • Jamescasali
    Jamescasali Community member Posts: 86 Connected
    Options
    audrey78 said:
    I applied on 19th Jan 1st time and had my telephone assessment yesterday what a nightmare for the 1st half of the call felt like I was being spoken down to by a teacher then 2nd half of call it was like her personality switched to being a bit more nicer so glad it's over 
    Thanks audrey78,
    I hope you have a positive outcome from it , perhaps it depends on staff shortages and location in the country as to whether its a face to face or tel-int, out of interest what postal area are you from ? Could you update me/the board when you get a decision through too
    Thanks
  • audrey78
    audrey78 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    I'm in Glasgow yeah I will do 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.