PIP worries?!? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP worries?!?

Options
tt_rrrpp22
tt_rrrpp22 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, 
apologies if this makes me sound silly. 

My partner and I receive Universal Credit and he also receives PIP. 
We moved house 2x (once during the first lockdown and again last year) and I updated all the details via Universal Credit under “change of circumstances” etc. 
(It falls on me to see to all the paperwork etc that we get etc on top of multiple hospital visits for my partner and going to work as well.)
Today, whilst putting some stuff in the loft I found an envelope from when he got his pip award, and it says that if a change of circumstances isn’t submitted etc he’ll have to pay it back or go to court etc.
I’m now in panic mode as I can’t believe I let this slip my mind, I’m worried that because I didn’t update it directly with pip there will be problems. 
Please can anyone provide me with some piece of mind that given that I updated said details with Universal Credit (DWP) that it’s all linked and I won’t come in to any issues?? 

Comments

• tt_rrrpp22
    Options
    * just to add to the last part, that it’s all linked as in Universal Credit and PIP have been updated through one system via the Universal Credit account. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Pip and uc systems are not linked and you need to report the change to pip . I can't imagine there will be any issues it's mainly changes relating to his condition that would impact the award 
  • tt_rrrpp22
    Options
    Oh no really?!!
    I’m so worried now that he’ll get in to trouble for my oversight. 
    I don’t know what to do 
  • tt_rrrpp22
    Options
    Sorry, I am also confused because both UC and PIP are under DWP, so surely updating DWP would update all within it??
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just call the pip helpline and change address don't mention when you moved unless they ask but as I said I doubt he will be in any trouble 
  • tt_rrrpp22
    Options
    Okay, thank you. 
    So sorry, I’m only 21 so I don’t know how any of this works. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although they are both administered by DWP they don't share the same system. With a change of address you need to report the changes to all benefits. Nothing will happen and as janer says, just ring PIP when they open tomorrow. If a review is due you should check that forms haven't been sent out to your other address.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tt_rrrpp22
    Options
    Thank you both so much!! 
    The award is until September 2023 so have a while still, I just really try to stay on top of things. 
    I’m just so anxious over it all since the first house move happened in 2020 and I’m scared of getting into trouble. I’ll call them in the morning and fingers crossed it’s okay!! 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Letters about the PIP award are sent out each year so you will have missed a couple. The purpose of reporting a change of address is so that they can communicate with you - it doesn't affect entitlement.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.