An age old Question... no doubt ..! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

An age old Question... no doubt ..!

Options
Jamescasali
Jamescasali Community member Posts: 86 Connected
So here goes, i   uploaded  1st fit note on 25th Nov 21 , it says date from 16th Nov  21, ok then continuous fit notes , the last one uploaded on the 28th feb 22 with end date 28th march 22.

Received a ucd81  letter in journal on 24th march 22, which was dated 24th match 22 .

In my journal i was reminded about the 91 day  waiting  period  to be served from when we receive evidence of your condition

so today checked statement  in  Journal and for assessment period  based on circumstances  for 7th march 22 --to 6th april 22 and the amount for lcwra is  £343.63

Now i've tried to work it out, and unless my maths is wrong , or i've misunderstood things, shouldn't there be some back pay to come?

I hope i've explained the situation enough for someone cleverer than me to  work it out

Thanks in advance

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Any back pay will be paid separately to your normal uc payment and can take a few weeks to calculate and be put into payment 

From info you have given you will jyst be owed 1 month backpay for March 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry read again and you won't be owed any back pay 

Your waiting period will start from Dec as upur fit note was dated in middle of your Nov assessment period 

So Dec to Jan,  Jan yo Feb   and Feb yo march are waiting periods first payment due in April 
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    So what your saying is they don't work on how many  ACTUAL days it is, just what time period/month things fall into ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, it's not exactly actual days. What counts is 3 full assessment periods. As janer has advised because your fit note was given in the middle of an assessment period then this doesn't count.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    been onto UC  via the brilliant journal system...

basically asked about between the 24 feb to  7th march, and was told that these 11 days  are (imaginary) days and therefore you will get nothing for them , as UC cannot be paid for " part months"

Great system .....
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The 24th February is part of your assessment period (AP) dated 7th Feb to 6th March and you're not entitled to the LCWRA element during this month.
    Your LCWRA element starts from AP 7th March to 6th April with first payment being 12th April, which is correct. As advised, it's not the actual days that count.
    UC entitlement is worked out on the last day of your assessment period and this is what counts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.