LWRCA Sick Notes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWRCA Sick Notes

Options
callum55
callum55 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help I’ve been awarded LWCRA and have had a letter saying any backdated payment will be made in 7 day minus 3 months period. So I have 2 questions.

My claim started on 14th August 2021 and Sick Note was provided on the 17th August. My assessment period runs from the 13th to the 14th of each month and my work capability paper work was received by them on October 6th 2021 how does this work up-till the 6 April 2022 when the letter was issued I want to make sure I’m not been robbed for the months of entitlement my next pay is 20th April and each month.

This leads to my next question I have no gaps in my Sick Notes but they haven’t acknowledged the last one posted in February for 6 months it appears on my journal but I still have it on my to do list but it’s been done will this affect me?

I hope this made sense a lot of information.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you reported your health condition when you started your claim then your waiting period will be. Aug/sept, sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, LCWRA starts from assessment period Nov 14th to Dec 13th. With first payment due 29th December. 
    If you didn’t report your health condition when you first claimed then your first payment will be 20th January.
    It often takes a few weeks to recalculate your past statements to work out exactly how much they owe you. Once this is done you’ll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe you. Then it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank once it paid. 
    If the last fit note causes and issue then put a note onto your journal to tell them exactly what’s happened. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • callum55
    callum55 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    If the last fit note causes and issue then put a note onto your journal to tell them exactly what’s happened. 
    I’ve added a note addressing the notification of sick note, it’s strange because I imputed the dates in February 2 days before expiry of the old sick note and it on the journal but the notification persists which is really concerning,

but thanks for your help, hopefully it goes well. It seems so complicated and I’m the last few years things have always gone wrong.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.