Chronic Pain Petition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Pain Petition

Options
clairebear1989
clairebear1989 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

We are a large group of disabled people who suffer from chronic pain. #ChronicPainisNotNICE

Chronic Pain can take so many things away from you. Yet, pain relief & similar treatments can provide many patients with some quality of life. 

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has drastically reduced the treatment options for Chronic Pain Patients - pain relief medications are now not approved alongside many more. 

NICE provides clinical guidelines for the NHS. 

To End this Cruelty Please Sign the Parliamentary Petition Via https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/611150 
(All Signatures prior to March 15th do not count) 

Comments

• clairebear1989
    Options

We are a large group of disabled people who suffer from chronic pain. #ChronicPainisNotNICE

Chronic Pain can take so many things away from you. Yet, pain relief & similar treatments can provide many patients with some quality of life. 

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has drastically reduced the treatment options for Chronic Pain Patients - pain relief medications are now not approved alongside many more. 

To End this Cruelty Please Sign the Parliamentary Petition Via https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/611150 

For more information on the campaign please visit - 

• clairebear1989
    Options

For more information on the campaign please visit - 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @clairebear1989 -  the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) has actually differentiated between chronic primary pain, i.e. that with no known underlying cause, & chronic secondary pain, where there's a reason for such chronic pain, which they published a year ago. Please see:  https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG193
    As someone who suffers from chronic pain, due to an underlying diagnosis (chronic secondary pain) I appreciate that these guidelines are more about those who suffer from chronic primary pain, so feel that thus far NICE's guidelines are indeed appropriate. Not everyone who suffers chronic pain if this is secondary is denied helpful pain medication, so feel that saying, 'pain relief medications are now not approved alongside many more,' is inaccurate.

• chiarieds
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @clairebear1989 -  just replying to your similar post. The National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) has actually differentiated between chronic primary pain, i.e. that with no known underlying cause, & chronic secondary pain, where there's a reason for such chronic pain, which they published a year ago. Please see:  https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG193
    As someone who suffers from chronic pain, due to an underlying diagnosis (chronic secondary pain) I appreciate that these guidelines are more about those who suffer from chronic primary pain, so feel that thus far NICE's guidelines are indeed appropriate. Not everyone who suffers chronic pain if this is secondary is denied helpful pain medication, so feel that saying, 'pain relief medications are now not approved alongside many more,' is inaccurate.

• chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @clairebear1989 -  the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) has actually differentiated between chronic primary pain, i.e. that with no known underlying cause, & chronic secondary pain, where there's a reason for such chronic pain, which they published a year ago. Please see:  https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG193

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @clairebear1989 :) Thanks for posting your petition! I've merged your threads together, as it can get a little confusing when something's posted multiple times. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Sorry but i also disagree with that. Having suffered myself with chronic pain conditions for more than 10 years. I've taken many many different pain medications in that time and still take them daily.
    I won't be signing the petition but i wish you good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.