Dating and no friends — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dating and no friends

sam4472
sam4472 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Question 1️⃣ I have been single for a long time now fill ready to date but do not know if match.com can be trusted or if I do sign up with them will  my benefits be taken away if I date someone from it

Question 2️⃣ I have no male or female friends of my own I am shy to start with but over came it in the end please feel free to be my friend thank you

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sam4472. I don't have any experience of match.com but wanted to clarify that starting a relationship with someone shouldn't impact your benefits. It's only if you were to look at moving in together that they could be impacted. 

Have you thought about looking at local groups or activities in your area? It can be a great way to meet people, make friends who share similar interests, and maybe find a special someone. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam4472
    sam4472 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for clarifying that with the benefits it will make my decision better with signing up with match.com soon from sam
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam4472 have you tried other dating sites that don't charge like Facebook dating or bumble and tinder 

I would think first about paying for sites like match.com 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam4472 :) I can see that you've already had some good advice on online dating. You may find it helpful to read these tips on staying safe while trying out online dating or dating apps (RAINN), too. 

Do you have any particular hobbies or interests? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Hello @sam4472! 😊 Welcome to the community. 

That’s a good question. Personally I have never been on online dating sites. I can’t imagine why starting a relationship would affect your benefits. I guess a good starting point is to find things that you have in common with someone and maybe that will make you feel connected.

Just be yourself and go for it! Good luck 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.