Medical Negligence NHS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical Negligence NHS

bredd12
bredd12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I wondered if anyone could give me any advice on whether this would class as malpractice. After recently speaking to a midwife who advised me that treatment I was given during labour was not normal and probably caused issues.

When I went into labour (back waters had ruptured 24-36 hrs before hand and I didn’t know) my contractions started not long after my waters started coming more rapidly, I was given an injection in my stomach 3 different times to stop my contractions although baby was in no distress, found out once I got a room around 28 hours later that they were extremely busy and didn’t have a bed for me hence why I was slowed down. I was not induced at all and the slowing of the labour prolonged my stay to 4 days in total ending with a forcep delivery on my request as I didn’t want a c cection as there was still no distress to my baby.

I have trauma from this experience and I won’t be having anymore children due to the fears of birth. I have been advised by a few people to look into making a complaint but I don’t know where to start. 

Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.