Paper based 1st claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paper based 1st claim

Options
schoolmum
schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I had received the text .......................................................We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I hadnt had an assessment so this confused me so i rang pip number.
Lady said it looked like they had enough evidence from my gp factual report and assessment form how my disability effects me and had now been passed to a decision maker and I should hear outcome in about 3 weeks.
Has anyone else had this happen and if so was it a positive outcome and awards.
I just wonder how can they decide without seeing or talking to me as its a 1st pip claim. I do get esa and in support group. Do you think they use that as evidence also.
Hope everyone stays safe and well
Many thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Paper based are rare but do happen my last review was paper based 

It is also in most cases a positive outcome 

Timescales on decision ars anything from 2 to 12 weeks sometime longer 
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @janer1967
    Many thanks.  I am searching through the site to see if anyone has been through similar to this.
    I knew they had requested a gp report even before seeing my completed pip form as I had posted on here previously. I do get esa support group and have also just got a blue badge without am assessment so hopefully will get a positive and correct award for my pip.
    Thanks for your advicr
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @janer1967
    Also I wondered do they take esa report into account.
     :) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    schoolmum said: Also I wondered do they take esa report into account.
    Not generally because PIP and ESA are assessed differently with different qualifying criteria.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @calcotti
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I do realise they are 2 different benefits and sorry I phrased it incorrect.
    What I should have asked maybe was do they have access to read an ESA award and if so would take into consideration any of the opinions observations and remarks made by the assessor who saw me and the decision maker who granted the award.
    Many thanks
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Hi
    @chiarieds and @poppy123456
    I have chatted with you both before and would appreciate your knowledge and experience regarding my posts above if possible
    Many thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some posts on the forum have referred to a PIP decision making reference to an ESA report. I have no experience of it so can't comment further.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @calcotti
    Thank you much appreciated
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I claim both ESA and PIP and have had quite a few assessments for both since 2013. My ESA award has never been used for a PIP decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,603 Pioneering
    edited April 2022
    Options

"Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed."

Was what I was told in my received TXT - no mention of 8 weeks

However - I too was assessed (as a paper exercise) as being in ESA support group and I too got a blue badge without an assessment - so fingers crossed, I will be treated the same way as you

• poppy123456
    Options
    Wibbles said:

"Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed."

Was what I was told in my received TXT - no mention of 8 weeks.

That’s because when they receive your completed forms it can take many months for a decision. 
    Completely different to the assessment report that was received for schoolmums claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Hi 
    @Wibbles
    @poppy123456
    Many thanks for your replies.
    Yes @Wibbles I had the same text as you a few weeks ago then got the text with 8 weeks in last week. 
    I had face to face for my ESA.
    This was my original post earlier..
    Hi everyone. I had received the text .......................................................We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I hadnt had an assessment so this confused me so i rang pip number.
    Lady said it looked like they had enough evidence from my gp factual report and assessment form how my disability effects me and had now been passed to a decision maker and I should hear outcome in about 3 weeks.
    Has anyone else had this happen and if so was it a positive outcome and awards.
    I just wonder how can they decide without seeing or talking to me as its a 1st pip claim. I do get esa and in support group. Do you think they use that as evidence also.
    Hope everyone stays safe and well
    Many thanks

• Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    hi, how are you today?
    when I applied for PIP, when I turned 16, as I had to change from DLA, I didn’t have an assessment and I got the enhanced rate for daily living and mobility.
    I hope this helps. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• schoolmum
    Options
    @Poppy_
    Thank you for replying and sharing your award.
    Much appreciated
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @schoolmum - I hope you're keeping well. i don't know about an ESA report being taken into account when looking at PIP, sorry. Hopefully not too much longer to wait, & kindly let us all know the outcome.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options

I had a paper based review; I sent in 54 pages which were a mixture of responses to the activities and evidence that I could provide.  I received enhanced for Daily Living but only 4 points for mobility, for which I will be asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

I applied for PIP on December 14.
    I received the text you received on the 29th March.
    On the 7th April I had a DWP PIP entry in my bank account.

Andy
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @Cartini
    Aww many thanks for your reply. I am pleased you got the enhance daily living and agree you should do MR for the mobility.
    I sent the how my disability effects me form in albeit very late as both me and my hubby who was writing it for me had been quite poorly and kept asking for an extention and they marked it AS (additional support)
    I also sent a few consultant letters in and they had requested a factual report from my gp before receiving my forms. I got a copy of that and was happy with what was written by my gp.
    I was just a bit confused as I thought how can they really decide how all my problems effect me without seeing me but hopefully the information they have is proof of how limited and in need of care my life has changed to.
    I also applied for a blue badge giving the same info and gp report and was given one without an assessment.
    I am hoping all will go well and I get the awards I feel I should be given.
    Stay safe and as well as possible. I much appreciate your reply.thanks
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Hi
    Just a quick question but would be much appreciated.
    About how long do you wait for the assessors report after ringing pip line to request it. 
    I only rang Friday so i know I'm being impatient.
    It was a 1st claim paper based assessment that I had so really don't know what to expect as they havent seen me in person and they only going off my own how my disability effects me, my gps factual report and some consultant letters. i do get esa and am in the support group so maybe they have also looked at this.
    Many thanks for your help and advice 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Possibly a couple of weeks. 
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Many thanks for your advice.
    I had seen some people say few days and some a few weeks so I suppose it does depend on areas and how busy they are.
    Much appreciated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.