Video PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video PIP assessment

Options
SueHeath
SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello my friends i only applied for pip (online) end of Feb. Recieved letter today they want a video assessment a week Thursday. It sounds like their catching up with themselves, just got to see if my lap top is compatible. I have never done a video call in my life ha ha x

Comments

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,606 Pioneering
    edited April 2022
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Hello my friends i only applied for pip (online) end of Feb. Recieved letter today they want a video assessment a week Thursday. It sounds like their catching up with themselves, just got to see if my lap top is compatible. I have never done a video call in my life ha ha x

Interesting - another version of phone assessment ?
    Wonder exactly what they can check from a fixed camera ?
    I applied for PIP a few weeks before you did and am still waiting on an assessment
    Did they just assume that they had the hardware necessary to do this - ie a webcam ?
    Please update the forum when they have had the assessment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,578 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wibbles said:
    SueHeath said:

Interesting - another version of phone assessment ?
    You were advised in another thread of yours that they do video assessments as well as telephone and face to face.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath fingers crossed for your assessment think of it as your tv debut 

Glad it's moving along quickly for you . You can have a piece of cake after it's over 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @SueHeath if you kept a copy of the form you returned, have a read of that before the assessment. During the assessment try not to answer with just a yes or no. Give as much detail as possible. Some people find it helpful to write notes before the assessment. Personally, i don't find this helpful as prefer to just answer the questions without having to refer to sheets of paper.
    Have a drink near you can also be helpful.
    They may not ring exactly to time either so be aware of that. Assessment times can be anything from 20 - 120 minutes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Thanks all will keep you posted - don't know if i can do a video call yet - daughter in law coming round later ha ha x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Got to make a phone call to- morrow can't do video call on my old laptop - never mind i don't mind going to were ever for face to face - Hubby would take me any were - whether he brings me back is another story ha ha.

Just going with the flow x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you have a mobile phone that you can use for the video call?
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Do you have a mobile phone that you can use for the video call?
    ha ha ha i have an old nokia phone - kids are always trying to bring me into the real world i just fight it ha ha 
    i've got a fit watch thing tho ha ha x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath could you buy a USB webcam to plug into the laptop? It's a rectangle shaped hole, if that helps :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    @SueHeath could you buy a USB webcam to plug into the laptop? It's a rectangle shaped hole, if that helps :)
    Ha ha the thing is Alex i have always fought against to much tech - i have what i need and i have coped - i would probably mess it up and miss the call the thought of that would stress me more ha ha x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi all just to let you know i phoned up this morning, explained i have no speakers on the old laptop, the lady was great about it - no problem - gave me a telephone appointment instead for the same day.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @SueHeath :) I'm glad that they were understanding, and that you've been able to get a telephone assessment instead.

Best wishes for it!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.