Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Do they usually go with pip assessor report? Does it have to be standard or enhanced for both?

Options
kd439
kd439 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m pretty new to this I’m waiting for a decision from pip regarding my claim so I requested a copy of the assessors report for me to keep at home. Everything said in the report is accurate and by the looks of the report I should be getting some help from pip. My question is can you get standard daily living rate with the enhanced  mobility or will it be standard for both or enhanced for both? I only question this as I know I have scored high on mobility due to my issues. If anyone knows weather dwp usually go with the assessors report also that would be nice to know. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,990 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, you can be awarded different rates for either daily living and/or mobility. Some are just awarded daily living or mobility. 
    The assessment report is a recommendation only. The only person that can score you points is a decision maker. Whilst they do mostly go with the report it has been known for them to go against it. 
    Decision timescales are anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kd439
    kd439 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you poppy I wasn’t sure if you could be awarded different rates fingers crossed 🤞 it all goes well I was told it’s taking 8 weeks for a decision when I had my assessment and that was 2 weeks ago now so hopefully il hear for definite soon x
  • DanceDeb
    DanceDeb Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Options
    I am going through the pip process I have mild CP, fatigue easier I have broken down task. But waiting for report sent to.me to view so I can challenge if necessary. But it's sounds as though I am not severe enough. It doesn't matter to them that I am so tired I have sleep when I have a pap. I have no life I sleep, work or sleep. I am an OT so I know how to answer questions. I still waiting for the report. I just need a little help that's all to help me to continue to work for as long as possible. I have managed to reduce my hours to 30 HR which helps. 
  • danho811
    danho811 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
    Hi @DanceDeb Fingers crossed your assessment went well and you will get good news when you get your decision. Take care.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.