Hi, my name is Paulfellows! our son has been diagnosed with chromosome deletion syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Paulfellows! our son has been diagnosed with chromosome deletion syndrome

Options
Paulfellows
Paulfellows Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi our son has been diagnosed with chromosome deletion syndrome some effects are bed wetting every night and we need help with waterproof mattresses and washing machine as constant washing clothes and we are only on universal credit who could help us please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    A waterproof mattress protector can be purchased for less than £10 in shops such as the range, Asda, Tesco and B&M, or online at Amazon.
    There’s a link here that you can have a look at for various grants for white goods. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/grants-low-income/
    Or you can have a look at Facebook and Gumtree for your local area because sometimes people give them away or sell them for less than £50.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @Paulfellows

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us and making your first post. This is a warm and supportive place so I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part. 

I hope the above reply has been helpful and that your son is managing okay with his new diagnosis, it can be difficult for families to adapt in such circumstances so it's good that you have reached out for support and I hope you are well supported by your son's medical team / GP.

Scope have a couple of services that you might be interested in accessing, both of which you can read about by following the links below:
    I have moved your discussion over to our children, parents and families category, which you also might find it helpful to browse for any discussions you can relate to.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.