Received court bundle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received court bundle

Options
1977young
1977young Community member Posts: 87 Listener
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good afternoon everyone,  i received my bundle from dwp i am really worried as dwp oppose my appeal and suggests that tribunal should dismiss it too.  I am really stressed. 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @1977young

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. It sounds like a really stressful situation and it is understandable that you are feeling stressed.

What would your ideal next steps look like? Unfortunately, this is not an area of my expertise which means I can only hope someone with more knowledge in this area is able to respond to you soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to respond to say we hear you and are here with you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Its my pleasure, i just want some good news and hope the tribunal do not listen to dwp. It is very stressful i first applied in October 2020 it's been a very long fight.  And its causing my depression to increase more 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Dwp will always respond by asking tribunal to dismiss your case as they are fighting your appeal and this is normal 

However your case won't be dismissed by the tribunal and will go ahead to a hearing 

Go through the bundle and prepare your response as yo why you disagree with the dwp decision 
  • 1977young
    Options
    I will do that. Thank u so much its just so worrying 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @1977young - there's some excellent advice by Mike in the following thread about tribunals: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/87932/pip-tribunal-representation/p1

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @1977young I can totally understand the way you're feeling, but I also hope the community have been able to reassure you since you first posted in this thread- this is a standard response from the DWP at this stage. 

It can be a very stressful time, but we are all here to support you. If you need to, take a break or a breather for 10 or 15 minutes, then when you are ready, come back and have a look at the link Chiarieds has shared, and go through your bundle step by step. 

Remember to take breaks when you need. You're doing all the right things, and it's so positive to see you've reached out for help.

If anything comes up in the meantime, let us know and we'll see what we can do to help :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Thank u alex, i will do i just need some positive news now 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We'll keep our fingers crossed, keep us updated as and when @1977young
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Thanks they said that as soon as they get tge furst available date for hearing they will let me know but that should be very soon so fingers crossed 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you taken a look at the link that chiarieds posted above? There's some extremely useful information in there. Take note of the advice given by Mike around the real world incidents (anecdotal evidence) If you haven't done this at any stage of your claim then you should do this when you write your submission and send it to HMCTS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 1977young
    Options
    Yes i have started looking at them abit confusing but will take my time 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.