How is your day going? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is your day going?

Options
MaidMarion
MaidMarion Community member Posts: 31 Listener
Just to say hi, 
this is my first day here.
Yesterday was a bit of a shock - I realised that you still have to attend UC appointments even when you are covered by a doctor`s fit note/ sick note.

Nice to meet you all for a virtual coffee here.
Best wishes!

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,686 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you :smile:

Would you like to share some things about yourself, only if you want to :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Unfortunately that is correct you are deemed a job seeker for uc if your fir note goes over 28 days your coach should refer you for a work capability assessment and once the process is complete you may not have to attend job centre if found lcw or lcwra 

Your coach can switch off your meetings during this process but its at their discretion 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @MaidMarion it's great to have you join today :)

As jane says, unfortunately that is correct, but you could speak to your work coach about turning meetings off.

It's lovely to meet you too, and I'm pleased to see you've found the Coffee Lounge. If you'd like to browse the rest of the forum you can use our categories page to find all the topics for discussion.

If you've got any questions or need a hand with anything please do ask

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MaidMarion
    Options
    @ 66 Mustang
    Hi, I have not worked out how to respond to individual people.
    A bit about myself. 
    I work as a language teacher at university. It is only a small contract, so I had to claim UC to make ends meet.
    Twelve years ago, I was still working full time. After a break down, I had Herpes zoster oticus (also called Ramsay Hunt syndrome). I ended up in hospital and had to give up full time work.  
    It is a great concern that UC keeps trying to push me into full time work.

I also have 3 fluffy teddy bear dogs, they give me so much and keep me on the straight and narrow. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    HALF OF POST DELETED by woodbine

Other than that it's been ok we had some new outdoor furniture delivered and great that it was fully assembled saved me lots of grief and bad language  o:), and the weather has been fantastic.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To respond to specific people, you can tag them @MaidMarion :) You can do this by typing @ and then their username, such as @Tori_Scope or @MaidMarion. Does that help? 

I'm sorry to hear about your ill health- how are you feeling at the moment? 

I'm jealous of your dogs! How long have you had them?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy Friday 🙂
    My day passed quickly as usual really. I have had back pain for several days now, don’t know why, I just woke up with it a few days ago and it’s still with me. I’m using a hot water bottle atm to relieve the aching. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Happy Friday 🙂
    My day passed quickly as usual really. I have had back pain for several days now, don’t know why, I just woke up with it a few days ago and it’s still with me. I’m using a hot water bottle atm to relieve the aching. 
    Hope your back is soon better @leeCal
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @woodbine and @Teddybear12, much appreciated.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hows the back today @leeCal
  • MaidMarion
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    Hi there, 
    Thank you for asking about my fluffies.... I have had the fluffy mum for 8 years now. She also has a note as an emotional support dog.
    She had puppies 6 years ago, and I kept the biggest one and the smallest one.
    The small girl has special needs and was born with a death wish :-) .

At the moment, I am sharing my deck chair with 2 of them, and I am sitting right on the edge to make room for them. :-)
    Best wishes Marianne  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @MaidMarion

Aww, I have cute images of lots of dogs and puppies now! Really cute. What type of breed are they?

Please may I ask you to explain what you mean when you say, “the small girl has special needs and was born with a death wish”? I just want to make sure I understand your post the best I can so I can give it the response it deserves.

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MaidMarion
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    Hi,
    Nice to hear from another dog lover!
    I have a little family of Schnoodles! I bought the first Schnoodle at a flea market .. and fell in love with his intelligence and cheekiness. 

They are a cross between a Schnauzer and a Poodle.

you can see more schnoodles on Pets 4 homes, one of them is mine. 
    Bless 
  • MaidMarion
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    the smallest puppy was born under my sleeping bag, with no sign of breathing.
     I believed she was dead, but after some chest rubbing, she finally came round.
    Since then, she has always been hiding in places. And if she cant hide, she will bark and ask questions later.... It takes her a long time to make friends, but then she is the kindest dog. 
    Bless.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awww, how adorable @MaidMarion. Yes, I used to have two dogs myself! They are just so loving aren't they and unconditional. I hope they are all well now and she makes friends soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.