If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi everyone

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 262 Empowering
I have been diagnosed with a few medical conditions, one of which is depression. I was diagnosed with postnatal depression when my daughter was about 2 months old. 
After I'd lost my fight to keep my daughter, who was forcibly adopted back in the spring of 2003 which is when she was between 6 months old and 8 months old (she's 19 years old now) I was diagnosed with clinical depression.
I am finally on the right medication for me as previous antidepressants didn't work for me. 
I have given up asking for help with my depression and grief as I am fed up with being offered something that will not work for me as I am a naturally shy lady and I get really really nervous if I am in a large group of people who I don't know. 
I have been told that any type of support for me is best done on a 1-1 as I prefer that to being in a large group.
I remember an old college friend telling me that I can talk for England when I want to, but that is going to take a while for me to be able to do again as my confidence and self esteem "went out of the nearest window" so to speak after I lost my fight to keep my daughter.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Hi @BrianMcFaddenfan07 nice to see you back on here darling.
    You don't need to be shy on here as it's not face to face.
    Sounds like you have had a bad past darling but try and look to the future now.
    When your ready come and join us in the virtual Coffee Lounge, every one is really friendly there's a few things going on ie games you can join in on any of the chats.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,649 Championing
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @BrianMcFaddenfan07, love the username :) 

It's lovely to see you join us, we are a very supportive and welcoming bunch so I'm sure you'll find the community to be a positive outlet. 

I'm sorry to hear about everything you went through with your daughter, and how your mental health has been impacted over the years. 

It can sometimes take time to figure out what kind of support works best for you, and if you have tried the group therapy then at least you can say you've given it a go. I would probably prefer one to one support myself too, as like you I can be quite shy in a group of new people.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    Ty. I've been a massive fan of Brian McFadden's since he was in Westlife. I used to have one wall near my bed (I shared a room with my 2 sisters. Our brother had a room of his own) full of Westlife posters. 
    My profile pic is of me, my brother and my best friend of over 30 years. I'm the lady in the pink top.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Championing
    Options
    Hello Lady in the pink top - @BrianMcFaddenfan07
    How are you today?
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options

I like Westlife too @BrianMcFaddenfan07! Do you have any particular favourite Westlife songs or albums? It sounds like you like Westlife a lot  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    I have loads of favourite Westlife songs. My most favourite Westlife songs have Brian singing in them. I like a few songs without Brian in them, but my faves all have Brian singing in them.
    I have the free Spotify app on my phone and I have Brian McFadden's Irish Son album on there. The only song I don't like on it is the one he did a duet with delta goodrum on it.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.