Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip assessment confirmation text not received

Options
Keenajackson77
Keenajackson77 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
I had my phone assessment almost 2 wks ago and I’ve not had a text confirming that my report has been received yet. Does it usually take this long? 
I feel it’s bad news and it’s making me extremely anxious. 
Regards. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,951 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't mean anything other than it may not have been returned, which is why you've not received a text.
    Sometimes a report is chosen for audit, if this happens it delays the process of them returning it to DWP because it won't be returned until the audit has been completed. It's nothing for you to worry about, it's for them to check the assessment provider did their job correctly.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Keenajackson77
    Options
    Ok, thank you. 
    I appreciate your advice. 
    Many regards. 
  • audrey78
    audrey78 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Ok, thank you. 
    I appreciate your advice. 
    Many regards. 
    I never received the text but I got the wee have everything wee need to make a decision letter so not sure if they send everyone that text I wouldn't worry did u request your assessment report?
  • Keenajackson77
    Options
    Oh I see. Maybe that’s the case then. 
    No, I’ve not requested the assessment report, I’ve seen that others have but I’m too anxious to call and ask for it. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,951 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Seeing the report causes a lot of people to be even more anxious, even if the report is good. For this reason it's not always the best idea to request it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Keenajackson77
    Options
    Yes, I’d rather not see it. 
    It’s just a waiting game isn’t it. 
    May I also ask, when you say ‘audit’ what does that actually mean. I’m sorry I’m just so lame in all his. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You're not lame @Keenajackson77 it's okay not to know everything, especially if it's all new to you :)

I hope you won't have too long a wait, and do whatever you feel most comfortable with about the report. 

An audit is an assessment that's done at random, to check if the way things are being done is up to scratch. In this case poppy was referring to an audit, or check, on the way reports are done. It would assess the reporters, or the process of reporting, not the people the reports are about.

Lots of reports might be selected at random to look at. It's something the DWP do, mainly to see if standards can be improved. Does that makes sense?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Keenajackson77
    Options
    Yes makes sense now, thank you Alex. 
    It’s all very daunting so I’d rather not request report. 
    I know from reading other notes on here that times will vary in receiving confirmation. So I’ll not worry myself in to a panic. 
    Many thanks.  
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any time @Keenajackson77 :)

Please do reach out if anything comes up in the meantime, and I wish you all the best for a successful PIP application.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keenajackson77 said: May I also ask, when you say ‘audit’ what does that actually mean. I’m sorry I’m just so lame in all his. 
    Before being issued o DWP reports are sometimes checked internally at the assessment providers as a means of quality control . That is known as an audit. Unfortunately it delays the sending of the report to the DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.