Help for days out — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help for days out

Options
maggiesgirls3
maggiesgirls3 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I am trying to find charities that help with days out I have a daughter of 37 and finding it hard to get charities to help us we are on low income 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @maggiesgirls3

Thanks for posting your query, it's lovely to see you getting involved in the community.

What sort of help would you be looking for from the charity? Is it financial help in terms of supporting to fund the day out or would you require support in terms of a personal assistant (PA) to go with you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • maggiesgirls3
    Options
    It is financial help I am after I also wanted to know what other charities would help 
  • maggiesgirls3
    Options
    My daughter is a adult which makes it harder to find financial help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm not aware of any financial help for this when you're an adult. Is your daughter (and yourself) claiming all the benefits you're entitled to?
    You could refer her for a needs assessment to see if there's any help available out there. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am trying to find charities that help with days out I have a daughter of 37 and finding it hard to get charities to help us we are on low income 
    Does your daughter get any support from Solo or did she when she was younger 
  • maggiesgirls3
    Options
    No she received no support from anyone
  • maggiesgirls3
    Options
    We never received any help throughout her life she is a adult now and we are funding it even harder to get financial help for days out 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's very unlikely you'll find any funding for this. As previously advised..
     Is your daughter (and yourself) claiming all the benefits you're entitled to?
    You can speak to an advice agency to get a full benefits check on both of you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @maggiesgirls3

Thanks for reaching out to us. What a great question too. I can hear just how much of a difference financial help for days out could help you and your daughter. 

As our wonderful community has already suggested, I am wondering if you have been able to navigate some wider financial benefits for being on low income? 

Generally, financial help through charities for adults to have days out depends on your local area and the specific needs of your daughter. If you would like to share more with us about the needs of your daughter, we are here to listen. Otherwise, it might be best to do a quick Google search.

In the meantime, one charity which might be able to help you is called Zebra Children and Adults Charity. According to Sky Badger, "the charity provides recreational funding to people living with disabilities, and those who have undiagnosed conditions that limit their daily life. The funding will give people the chance to access leisure facilities and recreation where they want and in their own free time. The funding can be put towards a family holiday or a short break. The funding is available to disabled children and adults throughout the UK."

I hope this helps but please keep us up to date, we are all here for you both  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.