Holiday abroad while in receipt of ESA (support)? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Holiday abroad while in receipt of ESA (support)?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
Now that the world is re-opening I am thinking of treating myself to a cheap holiday (maybe 2 weeks) relaxing somewhere with a nice view, no walking, no jungle camping lol, no swimming etc...

I would not say much of my condition has improved since receiving ESA Support Group 5 months ago, but like i said I have not been abroad for 3 years and I want to cheer myself up after what I have been through.

The rules state that I can go abroad for up to 4 weeks without any change in my benefit status? Is this correct and only for EU or anywhere in the world?
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it is correct and can be anywhere.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • LeeA380
    LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Yes it is correct and can be anywhere.
    Thank you for the information.

Is there any need to contact the DWP and let them know I am away for 2 weeks before I go? That's probably only legally necessary if it is over 4 weeks I guess.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are supposed to tell them but it does only become an issue if you are away for more than 28 days.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.