Pip F2F assessment after Covid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip F2F assessment after Covid

Options
cat_hug
cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
Ive not been around for a while. Had a few things going on (head injury, another heart procedure, and eye surgery) I reapplied for Pip as a supersession due to a change of circumstance; worsening condition. Submitted my application last June I think (maybe July?) finally got an appointment for a F2F assessment today. I'm absolutely terrified as transitioning from DLA to Pip and losing Daily living has been a real struggle. Praying it goes better today. 
Not really sure why its taken all these months to hear anything but maybe ther are still catching up from the pandemic?
Was told I only need to submit the new evidence and not all the previous medical evidence as its a supercession. Not entirely sure what that means or if its good bad or indifferent?
Hope everyone is ok Best wishes to all

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,288 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice to see you back! I would always send all relevant evidence, regardless of whether you previously sent it. This is what i always do with any of my reviews.
    Yes backlogs are huge in some areas and new claims have taken priority over reviews/Change of circumstances.
    During the assessment please make sure you try not to answer with a simple yes or no. Give as much detail as possible. When you filled out the form if you didn't give a couple of real world incidents of what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies then please try to do this today.
    please let us know the outcome! Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good to hear from you @cat_hug :) How are things? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everybody, thanks for all the positivity and support. I feel like it went well and I got a very good AP. She could tell I was pretty nervous and was very good at helping me to answer the questions needed as fully as possible.
    She hadnt been aware I wasnt in receipt of daily living at all and couldnt understand why not. 
    The information she had seemed very minimal to say it was a supersession.

I took the advice and answered as fully as I could and with the additional evidence. She asked if my situation from before was the same or had it got worse.
    I explained that all the difficulties I had when I last applied, still applied, but with my physical health worsening, it was having a toll on mental health too. She went through the descriptors again and asked in detail about each. 
    My daughter was with me and was able to articulate much better than I could when my brain went blank.

So all in all< I feel it went well and am tentatively hopeful that it might be a better outcome this time around

She said she will send in her report today and from there, it goes to a case manager and they make the final decision.

My application was made last June. She doesnt know why it took so long to come through. Im just relieved thats its over to be honest, and hope and pray for a positive outcome.

Best of luck to anyone going through their reviews/asessments. :-) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck @cat_hug you've done the hardest part now :)

Keep us updated with how you get on as and when.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to hear from you @cat_hug - this does sound hopeful in that you had an understanding assessor, & that your daughter was also able to help out. Wishing the very best for you with your decision letter. Please kindly let us all know how you get on.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.