DWP making disable people stressful — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP making disable people stressful

SM01
SM01 Community member Posts: 94 Connected
edited April 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
PIP system very poor and complicated made by DWP and government they willing to spend millions on Assesment companies, appeals, long delays but not on disable people. System is Made so disable people give up in applying PIP. If you do get past long DWP appeal system then long wait for Tribunal takes over 2.5 years then it all starts again. DWP cost has gone up not down but disable people suffer or die without getting justice. Sad Policy of DWP and Government. This only brings bigger gap between rich and poor. Government has money to give MP’s pay rises but not making system fair and quicker for weak and disable. ☹️☹️☹️Sad and bad news  

Comments

• SM01
  • SM01
    PIP very stressful and complicated all DWP System Against you. 
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    edited April 2022
    Hello @SM01 I'm sorry to hear you're finding the PIP application process stressful and complicated. I've just merged your two discussions so our members can share their thoughts more easily.

Is there anything in particular you need a hand with? 

How are things going with your claim at the moment, am I right in thinking you are at the Tribunal stage?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SM01
    Yes Alex. Was in Tribunal in 2018 then in 2021 started again still waiting for appeal hearing date. You send so much information medical evidence DWP just not interested 
  • Alex_Scope
    Thanks for explaining @SM01 I'm sorry to hear it's been such a long and ongoing process!

I hope the forum can help you feel supported with this Tribunal, and that you get the outcome you are looking for. 

While I don't have personal experience of going for Tribunal, I know it can often feel like a real fight, and that plenty of our members can relate to that feeling. There seem to be so many hoops to jump through with these things, and it can wear you down!

Can I ask if you are getting any support for the impact this might be having on your mental health? 

Do you feel like you are getting enough support for managing the tribunal process? I hope you won't have long to wait to hear a date for the hearing.

If you feel we can help support you with anything further, please let us know, and keep us up to date with how things go. 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    May i ask if you've ever been awarded PIP or is this the 3rd time you've applied and been refused each time after going to Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SM01
    Tribunal in early February was going to get medical records from GP after nearly 3 months still waiting. 
  • SM01
    Where do you go to get Justice it’s all dead end. DLA was working fine but Government wanted cut backs brought PIP with Assesment companies that try there level best to take you off the benefit. PIP system is broken and very hard to find help and representation all short on people and funds. 
  • SM01
    May i ask if you've ever been awarded PIP or is this the 3rd time you've applied and been refused each time after going to Tribunal?
    Yes poppy was getting DLA 16 years then they switched it to PIP. Had to go Tribunal in 2018 was awarded 10 points for 2 years then again renewal time DWP gave all zero’s now waiting Tribunal to get medical records from GP. Payment stopped March 2021 
  • poppy123456
    You haven't answered this question..

For expert advice you can check this link to see what agency is near to you. Choose the topic "welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • SM01
    Thanks for explaining @SM01 I'm sorry to hear it's been such a long and ongoing process!

I hope the forum can help you feel supported with this Tribunal, and that you get the outcome you are looking for. 

While I don't have personal experience of going for Tribunal, I know it can often feel like a real fight, and that plenty of our members can relate to that feeling. There seem to be so many hoops to jump through with these things, and it can wear you down!

Can I ask if you are getting any support for the impact this might be having on your mental health? 

Do you feel like you are getting enough support for managing the tribunal process? I hope you won't have long to wait to hear a date for the hearing.

If you feel we can help support you with anything further, please let us know, and keep us up to date with how things go. 
    Gave so much medical evidence why Tribunal needs to get further medical records from GP? 
  • SM01
    edited April 2022
    You haven't answered this question..

For expert advice you can check this link to see what agency is near to you. Choose the topic "welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/

Was awarded points by Tribunal in 2018.
  • SM01
    Poppy where are you? 
  • poppy123456
    10 points for what?
    SM01 said:
    Poppy where are you? 

Sorry but i never disclose that information on any internet forum.
  • Alex_Scope
    Gave so much medical evidence why Tribunal needs to get further medical records from GP? 
    Hi @SM01 I'm not an expert on the subject, but from what I can gather, the tribunal acts as a really detailed check of all the information used in your application or appeal, for the people involved in making a final decision.

As an independent tribunal, they won't have been involved with any part of your previous application, or the decisions about it, which is why the information is needed. Does that make sense?

As well as AdviceLocal, another good place to search for professional advice might be Turn2Us's Advice Finder. If you need these, I hope they are useful for you.
    Scope

• SM01
    10 points for what?
    SM01 said:
    Poppy where are you? 

Can you delete it? 
  • poppy123456
    SM01 said:
    10 points for what?
    SM01 said:
    Poppy where are you? 

Can you delete it? 

Delete what?

I'd advise you to have a read of this link here and take note of Mike's advice through out.

• Alex_Scope
    It's okay @SM01 Did you want me to delete the comment where you asked 'Poppy where are you?' or another comment?

I can do that if you'd like me to :)
    Scope

• SM01
    It's okay @SM01 Did you want me to delete the comment where you asked 'Poppy where are you?' or another comment?

Thank You Alex he said not to mention how many points got from Tribunal on the forum so I said if he can delete that info if he can because I am new to this forum I don’t know some of the rules yet. 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2022
    SM01 said:

Thank You Alex he said not to mention how many points got from Tribunal on the forum so I said if he can delete that info if he can because I am new to this forum I don’t know some of the rules yet. 

No, that's not what i said, you've misunderstood me. You asked me "where i am" and my reply was..

SM01 said:
    Poppy where are you? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.