Hi update on how things are. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi update on how things are.

Options
jan5987
jan5987 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
hi everyone 
an update so far on I have been,
sorry if I am repeating myself 
I have had one MRI showed bulging discs and fractures and cracks in my back but not given any advice on what to do next.
because of inflammation which they don’t know what it is I have another MRI next Thursday.
with my right hand been painful since February I had an x ray last week and receptionist said doc ringing today as showed something borderline so waiting to see what that is.
Take care x 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jan5987, sorry to hear about your spinal problems. It can be very difficult to obtain suitable pain relief for spinal issues.
    I hope you do get a more specific diagnosis for your hand and hopefully more targeted treatment and pain relief. 
    Best wishes to you. 
  • jan5987
    Options
    Oxonlady said:
    Hi @jan5987, sorry to hear about your spinal problems. It can be very difficult to obtain suitable pain relief for spinal issues.
    I hope you do get a more specific diagnosis for your hand and hopefully more targeted treatment and pain relief. 
    Best wishes to you. 

Oxonlady said:
    Best wishes to you. 
    Oxonlady said:
    Best wishes to you. 

• jan5987
    Options
    jan5987 said:
    Oxonlady said:
    Best wishes to you. 

Oxonlady said:
    Best wishes to you. 
    Oxonlady said:
    Best wishes to you. 

Hello, thank you, yes I hope so it’s just a waiting game now basically.
    regards to you.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with your waiting game @jan5987. Thanks for updating us. Please let us know if we can do anything to support you through the waiting game. I hope you can get some relief soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jan5987
    Options
    Best of luck with your waiting game @jan5987. Thanks for updating us. Please let us know if we can do anything to support you through the waiting game. I hope you can get some relief soon  :)
    Awww your very welcome,doc eventually rang my wrist is not a fracture, it’s arthritis but what type I didn’t ask,and he didn’t say.
    so end of may I have to see a orthopaedic doc at the practice, I have a splint and doc said to wear it every day 24:7 but physio said now and again really confused.
    Thank you so very much 🌸
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jan5987 another waiting game for you darling.
    Just about the wrist splints, i have them for my arthritis, i just have them on when their is a lot of pain, to help stop it getting worse hope that helps, you will find what is good for you over time.
  • jan5987
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Hi @jan5987 another waiting game for you darling.
    Just about the wrist splints, i have them for my arthritis, i just have them on when their is a lot of pain, to help stop it getting worse hope that helps, you will find what is good for you over time.
    I know, i feel like I have been waiting now for over a year for different things  but it’s the way things are now so nothing I can do.
    Thank you, it’s confusing when physio says now and again and doc says all the time to use,do you use them through the night?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jan5987 - re: wrist splints, I would say as with many things it's a bit of 'trial & error,' & finding out what works best for you, so agree with SueHeath. In my personal experience, I found when I needed them the most, they were often cumbersome. As a former physio I would also say if you can rest your wrist when at rest over a soft ball or a small rolled up towel that may be equally effective.
  • jan5987
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @jan5987 - re: wrist splints, I would say as with many things it's a bit of 'trial & error,' & finding out what works best for you, so agree with SueHeath. In my personal experience, I found when I needed them the most, they were often cumbersome. As a former physio I would also say if you can rest your wrist when at rest over a soft ball or a small rolled up towel that may be equally effective.
    Yes it’s not easy is it, at night and first thing in the morning is very painful but just using it doesn’t help, I do use it a lot as I go on social media a lot as I am house bound.
    yes they do get like that I agree.
    how do I rest it over a soft ball? Where would be the best place to buy one?
    so wrap a towel round my hand, hoe long for? Sorry for all the questions.
    thank  you.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jan5987 - Here's a picture of how your hand & wrist should be at rest. As you can hopefully see, putting your hand over a soft ball (about the size of a tennis ball) will put your wrist in a good resting position. You should be able to buy such a soft ball from a toy or perhaps a pet shop. Soft balls are good because you can also gently squeeze them to help maintain muscle strength. Otherwise you could roll up a small towel (into a sausage shape) & rest your hand over that.
    I've tried a variety of splints & just couldn't get away with them, but if you do use yours, I certainly wouldn't recommend wearing it all the time.
  • jan5987
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @jan5987 - Here's a picture of how your hand & wrist should be at rest. As you can hopefully see, putting your hand over a soft ball (about the size of a tennis ball) will put your wrist in a good resting position. You should be able to buy such a soft ball from a toy or perhaps a pet shop. Soft balls are good because you can also gently squeeze them to help maintain muscle strength. Otherwise you could roll up a small towel (into a sausage shape) & rest your hand over that.
    I've tried a variety of splints & just couldn't get away with them, but if you do use yours, I certainly wouldn't recommend wearing it all the time.
    Ahh right I see thank you very much,
    thank you for the photo and explaining everything.
    i saw these on Amazon would they be ok? They are soft and squeezy.
    can’t send you a pic.
    no I won’t as just now and again to use the splint.

• jan5987
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.