Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Upcoming LCWRA Tribunal

Options
Gcloud
Gcloud Community member Posts: 54 Connected
edited May 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Its took ages and finally I have a hearing soon, I'm super anxious and stressed about it I've been on LCW for a while as I didn't even know there was a LCWRA.

I was awarded PiP also last year but I could challenge that with help from CA as I got 10 points and there was definitely points I should have got but didn't and at the time I didn't challenge as I was just happy to have the standard but the CA has been amazing through this and said she thinks we may have a case.

My question and understanding is that I know I'll need to be as honest and as open as I ever have been about my conditions which is tough, I was hoping to hear from some of you that have had a hearing as to just how it is? also maybe how it feels to tell them how difficult things can be or evidence to support my conditions.

thank you

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gcloud well done for reaching out, that's a really positive thing to do. 

I'm afraid I don't have any direct experience of a hearing so I can't answer your question, but I will mark this post as unanswered and hopefully our members can share their thoughts with you.

If there's anything else I can do in the meantime, please let me know :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon Gcloud, I was awarded lcwra straight away, but with pip I got zero points, and after MR also got zero points, so I had to take it all the way to tribunal,so I know what's the tribunal experience is like, you have to honest, and open, and tell them what life is like for yourself,myself I broke down,keep a diary of how and what happens on a day to day basis,and when you get to tribunal you have that to hand.In the end I won.I hope you have success at the tribunal and my fingers are crossed for you. 
  • Gcloud
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Popdiva43 said:
    Good afternoon Gcloud, I was awarded lcwra straight away, but with pip I got zero points, and after MR also got zero points, so I had to take it all the way to tribunal,so I know what's the tribunal experience is like, you have to honest, and open, and tell them what life is like for yourself,myself I broke down,keep a diary of how and what happens on a day to day basis,and when you get to tribunal you have that to hand.In the end I won.I hope you have success at the tribunal and my fingers are crossed for you. 
    Thank you so much, I know ill need to bare my soul to them but it will bring a lot of emotions and anxiety doing so but there is some light at the end of this tunnel.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I went to tribunal for lcwra and was awarded the panel were amazed I had been turned down 

Its quite informal and they ask appropriate questions . I got emotional as many others do they know how to deal with that 

Just tell it as it is I made some notes in advance and gave a summary at the end 
  • Gcloud
    Options
    Thanks for the tips/help
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.