Son with autism, transition process to supported living advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Son with autism, transition process to supported living advice?

Options
Clodaghdarling
Clodaghdarling Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have have a son with autism who is coming up 19 and going through the transition process to supported living quite unsuccessfully.  We don’t seem to have have much support from social services in this respect.  Hoping to hear others’ stories and advice - how does someone find a home of their own with 2-1 24/7 support?  Especially when they have bowel issues and are sometimes challenging?  We’ve got a multidisciplinary team but it seems that there is little to no options.  My son would dearly love his own place and his Dad and I are finding ourselves getting too old to cope.  That’s it really.  Any advice would be very much appreciated! 😕

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.