Living without a diagnosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living without a diagnosis

Options
Cooey88
Cooey88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi 

We are new here. Currently just on a journey to find out if our son is ok. He is 15 months old. It’s been hard and just want to know we are not alone 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Cooey88 welcome to our great group.
    Sorry to hear your little one is having problems.
    I'm sure some of the others will greet you when they wake up, the site can sometimes be quiet on a Bank holiday.

When your ready have a look around the forum,
    I know in the categories section there is a family group, have a look there to start with, you might find the answer your looking for or you could ask your own.
    Any problems just ask some one will always be around to assist.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Cooey88. Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

Thanks for finding the courage to reach out to us. It sounds particularly difficult that you are currently on a journey to find out if your son is ok.

You are definitely not alone in this or anything else if you don’t want to be. If we can do anything to support you through this tough time, please don’t hesitate to let us know  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Same as @SueHeath here @Cooey88. A warm welcome from me too. It is great to see you have joined us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cooey88:) It’s lovely to have you on the community. I’m a new volunteer myself. I wish you the best of luck with receiving a diagnosis for your son. Hopefully the journey is not too long, and leads you to your goals. Take care 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Cooey88 :) How was your bank holiday weekend? 

As the others have said, you're welcome to take a look around the community, and to tell us a little more about your situation if you feel comfortable doing so. 

I was also wondering whether you might find it helpful to access one of our family services, such as Navigate. Perhaps you could take a look, and let us know what you think? 
    Navigate is a national mentoring service, that provides online emotional support for parents and carers of disabled children who are finding out about their child’s additional needs. 

Navigate is open to any parent or carer who:
    • lives in England or Wales 
    • has parental responsibility for a child under 18
    • this child is on a pathway to diagnosis or has received one in the last year
    You're certainly not alone, so I hope you manage to pop back onto the community whenever you're ready. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.