Pip Award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Award

Options
chrisssy
chrisssy Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited May 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everybody

just wanted to give you an update regarding my PIP application

so I replied back last year 2021 October it’s been nearly 8 months now I gave basically no evidence whatsoever just my GP record and a letter from a family friend I did not send thousands of evidence so it just goes to show you don’t need to send loads of evidence and doctors GP letters or physiotherapy letters 

from when I first applied

is my first time applying for personal independent payment

and I’m pleased to announce I’ve been awarded on both parts daily living and mobility

It’s been very stressful if I was to give anyone advise I would say DWP or working their way through backlogs

i’ve also received my backdated money which I’m absolutely over the moon with it will definitely help me financially

i’d also like to give a massive thank you for all the advice and support to everyone who has message me regarding my recent threats

it’s been a long way it’s very worth it in the end also would like to add anybody going through the process especially their assessment

it’s basically just tell the truth and how your condition affects you on a daily basis

just be honest and open

My anxiety feels 10 times better now I’m so glad the whole procedure has come to an end

Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad that you've received an award @Chrissey, as you say hopefully now it has put your mind at ease and you can move on from this experience.

Regarding what you said below, can I ask what you mean by threats? I'm not sure if you meant to write threads, so just wanted to check what you meant here:

’Id also like to give a massive thank you for all the advice and support to everyone who has message me regarding my recent threats
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @chrisssy Thanks for sharing this great news - so nice to hear, and yes i agree with you about being honest with how things affect your life.
  • chrisssy
    Options
    @Ross_Scope thanks you for you reply yeah I meant to say threads sorry about that 😄
  • chrisssy
    Options
    @Teddybear12 thank you for your message 

yes I am hoping it will encourage others to keep going and hopefully there’s a light at the end of the tunnel
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's lovely news, well done @chrisssy :) And no problem about the typo- we've all done it!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chrisssy
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you so much for your wonderful advice you’ve been ever so supportive😌

@Tori_Scope thank you so much I’m over the moon with my success I wish everyone the best of luck with their personal Independence claim 

Thank you so much of an understanding as I have mentioned before I do suffer from dyslexia

I would like to give a massive thank you too
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @chrisssy:) That’s excellent news! I am so happy for you. It’s always heartwarming to hear success stories with PIP applications. Take care 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• chrisssy
    Options
    @Jo_2022 thank you so much yes especially I have read quite a lot on this form in the last few months of horror stories so it’s really nice to be awarded for a first time claim 

i’m just super happy that now I can lead to bed and hopefully move on with my life

i’m very thankful ☺️
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @chrisssy. I am really pleased for you. I can imagine that was a relief! If you have any other questions or need our support with anything, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic news @chrisssy I'm really pleased to hear, and thanks so much for sharing your reflections on the whole process. 

I'm sure this thread will be so helpful for any members making their own PIP application, and really help to put people's minds at ease :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.