If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Embarrassing things that have happened to you

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,647 Pioneering
edited May 2022 in Coffee lounge
I wonder whether any of you can beat this ?
As an 18 year old fresh faced Portsmouth university student - I was talked in to going to a Rocky Horror show, dressed as a French Maid/Magenta - little did I know that this was a female role.
I was helped to get dressed and made up by a couple of girls in my halls of residence and went to the show with a whole group of students and enjoyed the whole experience - we went to the pub afterwards and I somehow got seperated from the others - time flew past and come 11pm - I was looking for the group that I was driven there by but was unable to find them - I ended up walking the whole 4 miles back to the halls in heels and a very short dress, as Magenta because I was out of money -  I got wolf whistled too many times to count...
I am a male !

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I once went to an abba tribute night fully dressed up in abba outfit and wig 

Walked into the function room filled with over 100 people to find me and my 2 friends were the only ones dressed in costume wanted the floor to swallow me up 

Got over it after a few drinks and we danced the night away 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I will never forget years ago i used to go to a light exercise group, well my first time going, didn't know anyone
    was just stretching down when i let out the BIGGEST bottom burp/trump or what ever you call yours.
    I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life - but at least it caused a titter x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,155 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Never been in any really embarrassing situations touch wood but enjoying reading of others misfortunes
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,647 Pioneering
    Options
    I was forced to sleep in the common room because I had lost my room key and when I woke up - the room was full of people!! 

I had to walk around the halls of residence dressed like a tart with fishnet stockings etc looking for the bursor to unlock my room door..... 

I did eventually find him and never went out in drag again (at least during my time at uni) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Played ball tig in my school days and as I was kicking it trying to get another player, I miss-kicked and launched the ball straight at my teacher who had a cup of coffee and was surrounded by students who weren't playing.

I had to sit there amongst the entire class inside as everyone was collectively told off for my mistake.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,155 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope

I used to find entire class punishments so unfair

Never used to moan though as quite often, a disproportionate proportion of the time, I was the reason for the class punishment :p
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @Ross_Scope

I used to find entire class punishments so unfair

Never used to moan though as quite often, a disproportionate proportion of the time, I was the reason for the class punishment :p
     :D 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.