1st time Pip claim

Options
schoolmum
schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 123 Empowering
Hi
Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
I hope you can help answer a query for me please.
I have applied for Pip and had a paper based assessment. After receiving a text to say Dwp had the completed assessors report back I requested this and finally received it ( I had to ring twice).
I have now rang up and have been told the decision makers report has been sent to a quality checking manager. He definitely said for a quality check not quality audit.
I am wondering what the difference is and is this just a random check or maybe have they have concerns with the paper based assessment. 
I would be very happy to hear if anyone has been through this and if so the outcome and expected waiting time. 
As if the stress of waiting is not bad enough this has made me extra anxious.
Many thanks for any input and knowledge.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    schoolmum said:..He definitely said for a quality check not quality audit.
    I am wondering what the difference is and is this just a random check or maybe have they have concerns with the paper based assessment. 
    I think you can read 'check' and 'audit' as meaning the same. It is very likely to be random.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Thank you @calcotti

I know the decision maker is the person that decides what is to be awarded and I understand they can go with what the health assessor suggests or they can award based on their own decision.

Have you ever heard of the quality checker/auditor making them change the report after they have looked over it.

It is just another added worry in the Pip journey.

Many thanks your advice and knowledge it is much appreciated as always.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Hi @schoolmum thanks for reaching out this evening, I can understand why you're feeling worried, applying for PIP can be a stressful process at the best of times.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I would say that I think an audit/check is more for the DWP to assess things internally, to help them ensure the standards of their work, rather than anything that will impact an individual claimant. 

Remember, you've done the hardest part with the assessment, and done everything else you need to do, so you're almost there. Whatever the outcome, we will be here to support you. 

If there's anything you feel we can help with further, please let us know :)

Alex
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Thank you @Alex_Scope

It is a disappointment as just when you think the decision is nearly ready this happens.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    schoolmum said:
    Have you ever heard of the quality checker/auditor making them change the report after they have looked over it.
    As we would only see the report after it's been to audit we wouldn't know if if it's been changed.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    I completely understand that feeling, it is disappointing I know. Hopefully in the future it will only be remembered as a little blip!

Please do keep us up to date when you hear more, and have a good weekend :)
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Thank you

@calcotti

Aww yes thats true 
    Thankfully I have already got my health assessors report though so will know if decision maker varies from that.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,308 Championing
    Options
    schoolmum said:

If the report isn't right or there's contradicts then it has been known for the DM to return it to the health assessment providers.
  • schoolmum
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Many thanks.

@poppy123456

Much appreciated and always grateful for your knowledge and advice.
    I think as it is the decision makers report getting looked at not sure if the assessment centre would be involved as they have done their job.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    schoolmum said:

If the report isn't right or there's contradicts then it has been known for the DM to return it to the health assessment providers.
    @poppy123456 @calcotti 
    and all very helpful people.

Thank you for your replies and helpful information.
    Just a few more questions sorry....

Would a DM send report to quality assurance or is it usually a random check.

If the DM thought there were contradictions or not correct information then wouldn't they automatically change and correct it as i thought they have the final say in the decision and able to alter the recommendations.

I had received the report and when I compared with the test papers it was favourable and weighed heavily on my side.....but a few areas were not in the higher score sections.

It listed a brief summary of clinical details of my conditions and said my questionnaire and FE support a severe level of disability to this/ these health conditions.

It also said my other health conditions had not been explored given the severe level of disability already established.

I was just waiting on a decision being made and then to hear it was with quality assurance knocked me sideways a bit.

Many thanks for all your knowledge and advice it is always much appreciated.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,308 Championing
    Options
    If there’s issues with the report it will be returned and not changed by a decision maker. 
    I know how stressful it is waiting but there’s really nothing more you can do until the decision is made. Try and think of something else in the meantime.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @poppy123456

Thank you for your advice and support.
    As you know it is an awful time waiting and very easy to overthink it all and worry and then it is hard to put at back of your mind.
    I have a hospital appointment tomorrow so that will take my mind off it hopefully but will maybe ring on Tuesday to see if any update.

Many thanks and much appreciated