LCW Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW Assessment

Options
AndrewHall
AndrewHall Community member Posts: 240 Pioneering
I had an assessment which the assessment company described as "not fit for purpose" after I made a complaint. But the DWP did not reassess and made the decision to refuse both LCW and LCWRA. Is this a normal practice?
Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had an assessment which the assessment company described as "not fit for purpose" after I made a complaint. But the DWP did not reassess and made the decision to refuse both LCW and LCWRA.
    Request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision (assuming you are within the 13 month time limit).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • AndrewHall
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I had an assessment which the assessment company described as "not fit for purpose" after I made a complaint. But the DWP did not reassess and made the decision to refuse both LCW and LCWRA.
    Request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision (assuming you are within the 13 month time limit).
    MR was unsuccessful and the matter has been lodged at the Tribunal. 
    But is it normal for DWP to make a decision on the basis of a report which has been deemed "unfit for purpose" ?
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessment report is part of the evidence they use to make a decision. It's at Tribunal stage so they just carry on with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AndrewHall
    Options
    Yes, a decision made on a flawed evidence is surely a flawed decision. 
    I would be surprised if DWP would not seek to lapse the appeal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.