LCWRA - backdate clarification — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA - backdate clarification

Lawesome88
Lawesome88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all,

So i have been on PIP for 5 years now and was working full time until i was made redundant after 13 years in 2020. 

I Started claiming UC and because of the work situation i became very depressed. Unable to leave the house. I didnt know the whole UC system as have never had to claim a penny in my life until i fell pregnant. 

I brought up the fact i was disabled and was on PIP and due to my current mental health i was not able to attend appointments in person. However was told i would be sanctioned if i didn't to an in person meeting. The coach was awful. And not understanding in the slightest. And actually told me that my attitude may be the reason i was made redundant. (Grievance put in on my manager for discrimination) and i should have been greatful for the job. 

I left feeling so much worse and feared that i would be sanctioned as i couldnt go in again. 
I was transfered to another coach and was told i needed to meet in person again. I took my husband with me and this coach was amazing and understood all of it. And have not been forced to attend in person since moving to her. 

When i explained about my disabilities and my mental health she asked why i hadnt put forward for the LCWRA. And i said i wasnt aware of it and i had told the previous coach about my PIP and disabilities but she said i didnt need to do anything else on UC. 

The new coach told me to get a sick note from my Dr and she would put me in for LCWRA assessment. 

I had the assessment and just got the letter stating that i have been put on LCWRA. I understand that its the 4th month for backdated pay. 
But my question is, it was put on my journal in writing that i had disabilities and PIP and if i needed to do anything specific as i couldnt work. And in writing the reply was no. You dont need to do anything. That was in the September 2021. I started putting in Sick notes in November after the meeting with the new coach. 

I am wanting to know where i stand on this because they were aware of my disabilities and being unable to work months before they put me through for assessment or asked for sick notes? 

Thanks in advance 
Keely

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    When you report a health condition you’re supposed to send in a fit note within 7 days of this and continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made. 
    As your first fit note was sent in November 2021 then it’s likely to be from March or April 2022 that the LCWRA will be paid from. Depending on the exact date you sent the fit note and the dates of your assessment periods.
    It will be down to a decision maker to decide whether they will backdate it any further than this. If they don’t then you could put in a complaint saying yours were poorly advised by your previous work coach. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.