Cbd used for pain management — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cbd used for pain management

Options
shelley444
shelley444 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello has anyone tried edible CBD for extra pain management. 
Ideally in the form of eating something rather then more pills.
I've read bits and bobs but not sure where to go to .
Thanks 

[Note from moderator: if you are considering taking any supplements, it's important to seek advice from a medical professional who has knowledge of your health and any other medications you might be taking.]

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @shelley444 - I have been taking CBD for 3 & a half years. Unfortunately I haven't tried any in the form of edibles, but you could look here, which is the company I use: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/edibles

I have been using this, which contains CBDa which helps with pain: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/products/green-cbd-oil?variant=37927970963639  &, if you scroll down to the section, 'How to Use,' you will see how this ethical company recommends to start taking this. You place the drops under your tongue, then swallow a couple of minutes later. 

The only caveat is that with any CBD taken by mouth, oils, capsules or edibles, the CBD is broken down by the same liver enzymes that break down over 95% of prescribed meds, so you should discuss this with your pharmacist/GP prior to taking this. If you do take such meds, then for safety, a 4 hour gap is recommended between taking these & CBD.

It can take between 2-8 weeks to find any benefit, so patience is needed.

The company I use now has CBD transdermal patches, which can however be used safely as the CBD is absorbed by the skin rather than the gut: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/cbd-patches  Still wise to discuss these with your GP/pharmacist. I tried these for 4 months; they are certainly convenient, but personally found the CBD oil was the one I preferred.

• shelley444
    shelley444 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello oh thats lovely thanks so much for responding. 

There's so much about .
    My pain from fibromyalgia is getting worse plus all the other issues I have , just would like something that doesn't space me out as im a single parent to 3 boys and I do not get any help . 
    Enjoy your day 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome, & thank you for your kind response. The company I use is reasonably priced & has lab certified results, so you know the content of CBD you're buying. I hope you find it helpful. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @HannahHannah,

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained advertising. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Tori

Online community team

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.