Possible inflammatory Spondyloarthropathy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Possible inflammatory Spondyloarthropathy

Options
jan5987
jan5987 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
hi hi everyone 
my story is quite long but I have posted in the chronic health issues discussion.
i have fibromyalgia/ME and osteoporosis of my spine and shoulder arthroscopy I think it’s called one shoulder lower then the other,the 
Spondyloarthropathy If it is started 13 months ago severe back pain and spasms I have fractures and cracks and disc bulging on top only told last month by physio as I had to push just for an appointment to physio as doc thought all this was fibromyalgia but I knew it wasn’t, I also have a painful right hand but they don’t know what that is, I had one full MRI showed the fractures etc the second MRI I had last week of the sacroiliac joint said be weeks for results, my mobility is **** I can hardly walk, I am walking like a crab sideways snd my daughter is getting married on Thursday so I am feeling depressed on top when I should be happy but I haven’t told her how bad I am as the way I am now was in December but the pain and walking and spasms eased and now last two days I am back to how I was in December.
i am walking my daughter down the aisle and this was all planed in 2020 when I was feeling ok but covid came.
has anyone got Spondyloarthropathy and what can they or can’t do and how it affects them. 
Thank you

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jan5987 :) It's good to hear from you. I don't have spondyloarthropathy, so can't comment in a personal sense, but hope someone else with a similar condition will find your post soon. 

Though it's likely going to take a few weeks to get your MRI results, has your doctor been able to recommend any medication to help you manage the pain in the meantime? 

I do understand why you wouldn't want to, but I do think you should consider telling your daughter. She may be more understanding than you might think, and might be able to find a way for you to walk her down the aisle with minimal pain. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jan5987
    jan5987 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Tori 
    thank you for your message 
    thank you I hope so.
    yes but I have IBS and the tablets he has given me all cause stomach pain and nausea and I have tried so many so says paracetamol but it doesn’t help now,so I was looking at alternative medicine or patches but doc said only if on morphine can you take patches and he won’t do that, also I was addicted to painkillers years and years ago for something else I had and I went through cold turkey to get off them was horrible but doc still wants to give me tablets.
    i will tell my daughter I know your right I just don’t want to stress her out.
    Thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.