strange tic — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

strange tic

Options
gabe22
gabe22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, Im 48yrs and have had tics ever since I was a teenager, it was manageable most of the time except when I got really nervous. Now years have gone by and It doesn't affect me that much. one thing that has always baffled me was when I was around one of my friends who didn't have tic disorder. whenever we were in close proximity he would manifest my tics all of a sudden, I observed him and whenever we got close even though I was calm, he would manifest. this was so weird.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @gabe22 :) It's great to have you with us. 

Hmm, that's strange! I'm aware that people who have conditions like Tourette's syndrome can often set each other off with their tics, and can sometimes adopt each other's tics if they spend time together, but it's odd that he only ticced around you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • gabe22
    Options
    yes it was very strange indeed.
  • gabe22
    Options
    Hi @gabe22 I hope you enjoy being part of the Community. Thank you for telling us your story. Have a look around the forum and join in when you are ready. Recent discussions and the Coffee Lounge under Categories are a good place to start. Take care.
    Thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.