Hi, my name is Kendo861! Had my PIP assessment today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kendo861! Had my PIP assessment today

Options
2»

Comments

• Kendo861
    Kendo861 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Hi all just a thought does anyone know where these decision makers are from are they based in one place or all over uk
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,014 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All over the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    Anyone know why they ask if you're right it or left handed
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kendo861 I don't recall being asked if I was left or right handed in my own PIP assessment, but it was some time ago now, so I could easily have forgotten. 

It might be to determine how much certain conditions or disabilities might impact on your dominant hand, for example my cerebral palsy mostly affects my right side. I'm not sure to be honest!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • shellbell20
    shellbell20 Community member Posts: 260 Pioneering
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    I was asked twice what hand I was holding my phone in and I have no idea why other than I suffer from shoulder tendonitis in my left shoulder and I also have lost half my hearing on the left and suffer tinnitus in the same ear. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    I was asked twice what hand I was holding my phone in and I have no idea why other than I suffer from shoulder tendonitis in my left shoulder and I also have lost half my hearing on the left and suffer tinnitus in the same ear. 

The reason you were asked this was because of your tinnitus. As you suffer with hearing loss because of this if you were holding your phone in your left hand to your left ear then this could indicate that you can hear.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • shellbell20
    Options
    Kendo861 said:

The reason you were asked this was because of your tinnitus. As you suffer with hearing loss because of this if you were holding your phone in your left hand to your left ear then this could indicate that you can hear.
    Probably, but they asked me twice like my answer would change, but it couldn't change as it was the truth, if I hold the phone to my left ear it sounds like a muffle.  Like someone is talking underwater and my tinnitus doesn't help with my hearing either.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The best thing you can do is try to forget about the assessment because it's all done now. Put it all behind you and move on.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    Hi all I know it's a personal choice but as I commented on Friday that I asked for pip asessor report,I feel alot better in myself,don't feel half as stressed
  • shellbell20
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    Hi all I know it's a personal choice but as I commented on Friday that I asked for pip asessor report,I feel alot better in myself,don't feel half as stressed.

I'm go glad you feel less stressed. Hopefully the wait won't be long for you. Hope it's good news.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    What an absolute joke system is.I got a good recommendation on my report but asessor reported I had no memory problems as I was on phone for 1hour,IV been on ESA for 5 months now and guess what my diagnosis says on fit note,yes you've got it in 1 memory problems,it's like I said earlier it's a lottery@kendo861
  • Kendo861
    Options
    IL be grateful if I'm awarded,I just feel sympathy for all the people IV read about incompetent asessor s@kendo861
  • shellbell20
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    IL be grateful if I'm awarded,I just feel sympathy for all the people IV read about incompetent asessor s@kendo861

I haven't asked for my report, but I was on the phone for 2 hours. I lose my memory as I forget pans on the stove and have nearly set fire to the house on a couple of occasions but honestly what does that have to do with the call, if you think about it, I forget the pan as it's in the kitchen when you are on the phone you focus on the question at the time, so how they can say your memory is good is beyond me you don't need memory to answer questions such as do you have a driving licence etc.. I am sure they make up these assessments as they go along, with one glove fits all attitude. I hope that makes sense.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    It's like I said if you're number comes out your ok anyone know what day of week is pip paid or does it vary?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    It's like I said if you're number comes out your ok anyone know what day of week is pip paid or does it vary?

It varies for everyone.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    Hi all,don't take any notice of the pip automated helpline,it said that I have a pip payment due on the 23rd June on Friday,now it's gone when IV rang today@kendo861

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.