I’ve just had my PIP assessment back wow 0 points — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’ve just had my PIP assessment back wow 0 points

Options
Maoribug
Maoribug Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve just had my PIP assessment back 
wow 0 points
im riddled with Osteoarthritis 
And need operations on both hands
But because I work then I’m able bodied to dress, bathe, prepare meals , walk without stopping etc
In their opinion 
So angry 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Firstly, remember PIP is not awarded based on a diagnosis. 

Secondly, I just want to point out that working has no bearing on it, people work and successfully claim PIP. 

Thirdly, did you give specific examples of when you last attempted to complete each activity described in the descriptors that apply to you? 

Explaining what happened when you attempted that activity, going into detail, addressing the consequences of what happened and not just make an assertion? 

Next steps is an MR. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello there @Maoribug and welcome to the community, I hope you'll find it welcoming and supportive.

I'm really sorry to hear about your PIP assessment, and it's understandable that you're angry. It can be very frustrating and disheartening to feel like you're not being heard, or not understood. 

Please know that you're not alone in this, and that we're here to support you with your next steps. 

If you'd like to challenge the PIP decision then you can read guidelines on the Scope website or if you'd prefer you can give the Scope Helpline a call to speak with one of our advisers.

You might also like to search Advice Local to find professional advisers local to you, to help you in challenging this decision.

If you feel we can help with anything further, or you need extra support, then please do say.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just wanted to echo the others' frustration on your behalf @Maoribug. How are you feeling now that you've had a little time to sleep on it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Maoribug
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments 
    i have downloaded the MR forms
    and slowly questioning them with my answers on how it is so difficult for every day normal issues daily. The input my partner has to help me with etc
    And the fact they said I Work,so in their opinion I’m able bodied
    im waiting for a call from my GP to see how my referral for hands to be operated on is going, both hands from thumbs and  wrists are Bone on Bone now( however the operations will not cure the problem but they are trying to lengthen the use I will have with my hands)
    i will if needs be go to a Tribunal as my 1st Diagnose was 2014 and over the years I have never applied for any help until now as I’m in constant pain 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to us @Maoribug :) Going through each of the descriptors (pipinfo.net) and thinking of some examples from your daily life is often a good approach.

As MarkM88 has said, thinking about things like consequences and timeframes in reference to each activity can be another good way of getting the right information in there. Benefits and Work have some useful information on this, which you can find under the 'additional information' header on this page.

I hope that the referral for surgery goes well :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Maoribug
    Options
    Hi again, 
    so update I appealed and today had just on £2,000 in my bank
    Honestly from not even getting 1point awarded on my claim to this
    Im so pleased I appealed it took me nearly 3 weeks to fill out the forms
     So anyone who does not get any points PLEASE appeal 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When did you submit your appeal? That's a quick change and did you have tribunal or sending them the mandatory reconsideration only? Well done @Maoribug <3<3 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Maoribug said:

so update I appealed and today had just on £2,000 in my bank

I think you mean you requested the MR based on this comment here. An appeal is Tribunal.
    Maoribug said:

i have downloaded the MR forms
    Good news though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maoribug
    Options
    hi yes so I filled in MR forms and sent them in 
    I responded to their reasons for not awarding , and once again said how my issues affect every day life
    They got  forms 25th May. So a very quick reply 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Lawny
    Lawny Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Well done, this was very quick and gives me a little hope for my MR
  • Maoribug
    Options
    I hope your gets sorted quickly and you get your award x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck from me too @Lawny. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.