Dla to pip. No face to face or telephone asessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip. No face to face or telephone asessment

emazz
emazz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
We put the forms in for pip as my daughter turned 16 last September. And is claiming dla. We send all paper evidence we could. Psychology reports, ehcp, camhs referral letters. Lots . 
Called up about 2 months ago asking if they had even received the forms with evidence, and was told yes it’s being passed on to the department. The lady did comment on how much evidence we did send, saying we sent quite a lot. 
Received a letter about week half ago saying we have enough evidence to make our decision. 
Is this a standard letter they send out? 
We have had no face to face or telephone assessment. 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Sounds like they have done a paper based assessment which are rare but they do happen. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    It's a standard letter they send once the report has been returned to DWP. From this a decision can take between 2-12 weeks. If successfully awarded PIP payments will start about 7 weeks after the decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @emazz :) It's great to have you on board, so thanks for joining! 

I hope that the above comments have helped to clear that up for you. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please also keep us updated on your progress when you can :)

How have you found the process so far?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • emazz
    Thank you for all the reply’s . I guess it just waiting on postman to deliver the decision letter.  I shall let you all know the outcome when I hear from them. 
    @Tori_Scope all ok, just the waiting that’s annoying. I put the forms in November last year. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    We've had some members receive their payment before the decision letter, so it could be worth keeping an eye on the bank account too @emazz. I hope it's not too much longer of a wait for you both!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • poppy123456
    We've had some members receive their payment before the decision letter, so it could be worth keeping an eye on the bank account too
    This doesn't apply here because the daughter is currently claiming DLA, therefore, if the PIP award is higher than the DLA there will be no money owed.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • emazz
    Hi sorry it’s being awhile . I received the letter today . And my daughter was awarded 6 points in daily living ( so no award there) but got 12 points in mobility so got enhanced mobility only. 
    I am really confused, as what they awarded the mobility for they scored her low points in the daily living. 
    Like for instance 4 points in the social communication part. 
    My daughter gets aggressive and abusive with people she doesn’t know. Then will just go into a fit of rage. 
    And 2 points in budgeting decisions. 
    I have to have full control of all her money. As she gives her cash away to friends and also will buy alcohol and drugs with it . So we have to limit her to set amounts. 
    Should I appeal it. 
    I’m scared she will loose it all if I appeal. As what she does get helps us loads with the things she needs. 

Also forgot to add it was a paper based assessment. 
    Thank you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emazz

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Regarding your daughter, I just wanted to check whether she is well supported to manage her conditions? Some of the details you mentioned in your post, such as that she would give away her money and buy substances with it, sound quite concerning. Is her medical team aware of these things? 

In your opening post you mentioned "Psychology reports, ehcp, camhs referral letters. Lots" that you sent off as part of the claim, are those services still involved with supporting her?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    The most likely outcome of the MR would be the decision will remain the same. However, there's always some risk to any MR request and we can't tell you what risk that will be. Some people do have the decision changed in their favour at MR stage but this is now down to about 36% and falling.

If you disagree with the decision you can request the MR within 1 month of the date of the decision. If you request it outside of this time then you must give your reasons why you're late requesting it.

You should put your request in writing stating where and why you think the points for daily living should have been scored. When you filled out the form if you didn't give a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time she attempted each activity for every descriptor that applies then you should do this. Include information such as where she was, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

If you're claiming Carers allowance for looking after her then this will now stop because she doesn't have daily living PIP award. If you're claiming child tax credits or Universal Credit child element for her then these could be affected if her DLA award was high rate care. This would mean you'll lose the Severly disabled child element but you'll continue to receive the disabled child element (lower amount)

If you're claiming Income Support because of being a carer then this will also stop because of the carers allowance ending.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.