Pip to excited to speak — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip to excited to speak

Options
danho811
danho811 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a missed call off pip i ranghelp line they have said it's to do with a backdated payment they sent me a text saying they will call me tomorrow now between 9and12 when should it go into my bank if they put it in tomorrow he said he can't see the amount but it's deff good news 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's positive to hear @danho811 thanks for sharing your news with the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    3-5 working days. 

If it gets issued tomorrow that would mean Wednesday next week anywhere up until Tuesday the following week, as you can’t count weekends and next Thursday and Friday are bank holidays. 
  • danho811
    Options
    If I was to call back would they be able to tell me the amount maybe if they call me tomorrow when should it be in my bank account I thought maybe Tue x
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I’ve answered above. 

3-5 working days. 

If it gets paid tomorrow then. 

Monday is 1 working day. 

Tuesday is 2. 

Wednesday is 3. 

So if it takes the minimum amount of time earliest would be Wednesday. 

If it takes longer and requires 4 or 5 working days then it would be the following Monday or Tuesday as you can’t count weekends or bank holiday. 
  • danho811
    Options
    Thankyou been a long wait but worth it I'm going to call in a min see if they can tell me anything more 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @danho811. I can see you were going to call in a minute to see if they could tell you anything more at 2:34 pm. 

Would you like to tell us any updates - for example, did you manage to get through to them? I hope you receive the information you need and deserve soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • danho811
    Options
    I did call but she said she can't see that a descsion has been made but man said on phone they wanted to discuss a backdated payment they are calling me in the morning between 9 and 12 so once call has ended I will update on here thankyou for all advice and support its lovely x
  • danho811
    Options
    Anxiously awaiting call ☹️☹️ I am so nervous to point I have to keep going to the toilet hope it's good news today 
  • danho811
    Options
    Between 9/12 x
  • danho811
    Options
    Still no phone call it's now 1230 I'm starting to panic x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Have you had any news @danho811?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• danho811
    Options
    They were supposed to ring between 9 and 12 I am still waiting for a call I'm so anxious it's unreal x
  • MarkM88
    Options
    Who exactly said they wanted to speak with you? 
  • danho811
    Options
    I had a text and the man on the phone did and I got told same thing last night can I ask why you are asking 
  • danho811
    Options
  • danho811
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    Who exactly said they wanted to speak with you? 
    So you don't think I'm making it up about a call I'm anxious enough that they haven't called yet so I shared pic ok with you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are often late making calls ad it depends on what has gone on during the day you will be one of many people they will have to deal with 

I know it's not helpful and you are anxious maybe give it till 2pm when hopefully lunch breaks are over and give them a call if they haven't contacted you 
  • danho811
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    They are often late making calls ad it depends on what has gone on during the day you will be one of many people they will have to deal with 

I know it's not helpful and you are anxious maybe give it till 2pm when hopefully lunch breaks are over and give them a call if they haven't contacted you 
    If I call them and I miss the call they won't ring me back today they tried to call me yesterday but I was on phone to them x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @danho811 try and stay near the phone today or take it around with you if you can, hopefully they'll contact you today :)

Do you have anything you do that helps you feel better when you're anxious, any coping strategies you use? 
    Scope

• danho811
    Options
    Hi @danho811 try and stay near the phone today or take it around with you if you can, hopefully they'll contact you today :)

Do you have anything you do that helps you feel better when you're anxious, any coping strategies you use? 
    Surly if they say they are going to call today they will 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.