How important is the autism questionnaire for the assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How important is the autism questionnaire for the assessment?

Martin_K
Martin_K Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Klinefelter Syndrome when I was 38 & the latest info on that condition has been linked to Autism and ADHD.
I had an ADHD assessment with Psychiatry-UK which showed I have the attention deficiencies but no hyperactivity. 
I am now currently in the early stages of an Autism assessment, but due to my age I have no immediate family to provide an observer questionnaire; how important is this questionnaire for the assessment?

TIA
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    My daughter was 17 when she had her ASD assessment and i had to answer so many questions from when she born, right through childhood and right up to her age at that time. It certainly wasn't an easy thing to do because remembering everything was difficult. I had 3 children too, which made it more difficult to try to remember what she did or didn't do.
    There's a lot of people that are diagnosed later in life, like yourself so i'm sure there's a way around those questions. They will likely as you as much as they can to try to get a picture of the things you did or didn't do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Martin_K
    Martin_K Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you both for your replies.  I have asked for an extension to the 2 week time limit to return the forms & am waiting for an adviser to phone me to help fill in the form as I don't know what to write.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.