More help with benefit support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

More help with benefit support

chrisssy
chrisssy Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hey everyone

this is a little different thread to my previous ones

I am asking for advice if there’s any more financial help out there for me I’m currently working full but on a low income I do receive a little bit of help from universal credit because I work full-time I don’t get that much help with living costs  and I’m finding it so difficult to cope on a daily basis with the mental health issues I have and disabilities a I also receive personal Independence payments on both parts daily living and mobility

my question is there any more financial support out there possibly from universal credit or any other financial support

am I entitled to any more help financially 

Any more top up Benetfits in my universal credit can I work full time and still get help with daily living costs

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    chrisssy said:

Any more top up Benetfits in my universal credit can I work full time and still get help with daily living costs
    I don’t understand what you mean here because you said you already work full time. For UC there’s various elements depending on circumstances. If you’re single you’ll be entitled to the standard element and if you rent your home you’ll be entitled to the housing element.
    UC has replaced all other benefits so other than council tax reduction there’s no other benefits you can claim. 
    If your health condition affects your ability to work then you can report a health condition and send in fit notes from your GP to start the work capability assessment process off. However, as you work full time will your GP give you a fit note?
    If you’re found to have LCWRA there’s extra money from the 4th month of your claim. You will also have the work allowance if found to have either LCW or LCWRA which means a certain amount of earnings will be ignored before the 55% earnings taper will apply (if you don’t already have this)
    If you’re claiming UC with a partner and they look after you for at least 35 hours per week then they can claim carers element for looking after you. They will need to report a change of circumstances in their journal and report caring for you. Your UC maximum entitlement will then increase by £168 per month. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chrisssy
    @poppy123456 thanks for your advice

what time about this is I get universal credit element for housing costs I live in a rented property And my rent is very high and monthly basis so universal credit step in and pay a little bit of housing element to me because I work full time I’m still classed as a low income

so I don’t get any other help regarding universal credit support I am a single person I have no partner or any other person to care for me but I do require a carer
  • chrisssy
    I still have to pay majority of my rent as I work full-time so there’s not much spare of income universal credit 
    Pay me a small amount of elements
  • chrisssy
    My capability I do work full time but I need to stop me regularly attending work will be in late have an extreme anxiety
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    There is also the extra support announced by the gov today if you read the post gov announcement for details 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Your maximum UC entitlement will include the standard element and housing element. Your earnings will then reduce your UC by 55% which is why your entitlement is low. 
    You can report your health condition as I advised but you will need to send a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health condition and continue to send them without any gaps until a decisions been made in the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shu121
    shu121 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi poppy I been reading your help on back dated benefit pay etc and I’ve just signed up and posted a topic! If you could please look at it when you’ve got time would be much appreciated thank you! 
  • chrisssy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.