Pip Award and Back Pay Payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Award and Back Pay Payments

Options
rachelh72
rachelh72 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anyone tell me please which is paid first the first month's PIP Award payment or the back dated PIP payment? Asking for a friend who has received a sum in her bank but no letter saying what it is. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi,
    Money owed is paid first. Then 4 weeks after that they will receive their first 4 weekly payment and then every 4 weeks after that. 
    Their decision letter will explain all the details. This usually arrives after the money is received into the bank. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nurseydid
    nurseydid Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    We have been very impressed with the whole claims process. Started claim 11/03/22 phone assessment 23/05/22 hubby received a text Friday 01/06/22 to say he had been awarded PIP. Now waiting anxiously for the official letter to advise what’s been awarded-checked bank account nothing in there as yet. have thought about phoning the automated number to see if this would give any more info but my question is does hubby have to be present to make the call? I have power of attorney so can I make the call in his absence? Many thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unless you're his appointee then he would need to be there when you ring them. An appointee deals with a claimants benefits and is responsible for filling forms, receiving their money and reporting changes etc. To start this process contact PIP. See link. https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    nurseydid said: I have power of attorney so can I make the call in his absence? 
    Power of attorney makes no difference for DWP. If you want to be able to manage his benefits you need to ask DWP to make you an appointee.
    https://www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

Having said that, if you are only going to speak to an automated message there will be no need for him to be present.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • amiekerr
    amiekerr Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi I have been awarded pip and had a text to say They have awarded me pip and sending a letter which will be with me Within 2 weeks how long does it take for the back payment to go in will it be in before my letter ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    amiekerr said:
    Hi I have been awarded pip and had a text to say They have awarded me pip and sending a letter which will be with me Within 2 weeks how long does it take for the back payment to go in will it be in before my letter ? 

3-5 workings days from the day it's paid.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear your good news @amiekerr Thanks for sharing 
  • lottjones
    lottjones Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Sorry to jump in thread I’m new did you get paid back pay as I had my first money just over 60 and should have had over 80 but no back pay no letter yet I called they never said anything about backpay any help please 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2022
    Options
    lottjones said:
    Sorry to jump in thread I’m new did you get paid back pay as I had my first money just over 60 and should have had over 80 but no back pay no letter yet I called they never said anything about backpay any help please 

PIP is paid every 4 weeks so the money you received does seen correct if you were awarded standard for both parts. You will need to contact PIP to ask them because they are the only ones that can help you.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.