Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

yacine99
yacine99 Community member Posts: 53 Listener
Hi everyone I phoned pip about seeing if they got my evidence and was told it’s in a queue with a case manager does this sound right they said it could be another 5 months it’s so stressful.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    The answer will be the same as when you last asked. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/91349/pip-change#latest
    It's not unusal for your file to go to a decision maker before being sent to the health assessment provider and a file isn't always sent across straight away. I've known it about 4 months before a file is sent.
    You could be in for a wait of several months because most people have assessments. My advice would be to try to forget about it and concentrate on something else. I realise it's not easy to do this. Constantly ringing them isn't helping you when they tell you the same thing.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yacine99
    Thank you for anwersing me but I rang them as I had some more evidence that I wanted to check they had got it and I’m not constantly ringing them.
  • yacine99
    I actually found your answer quite rude and it upset me I won’t be posting no more .
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @yacine99 I'm sorry to read that you've been upset, and I'm sure that wasn't the intention here.

Sometimes when we don't have all the information, we can make assumptions based on what we do know.

Without knowing that you had sent in some more evidence since you first applied, Poppy was probably worried that you would be more anxious on hearing about the wait for a decision when you called.

Is there anything we can do to help with the stress you're feeling about PIP?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • yacine99
    Hi no that’s ok thank you this was a new piece of evidence I sent in and totally different from the first piece of evidence I had sent in I was just upset how she had thought that I had been ringing them all the time when I didn’t I was just checking for my own piece of mind that pip had received this information I felt like I was being judged.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    No one's here to judge you @yacine99 sometimes people make mistakes and assumptions, it's a very human thing. 

Now that we know it was to check they'd received the new evidence, that really helps clear things up :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I wasn't judging you at all, i'm not here to judge anyone. I was just advising that ringing them often like this doesn't help anyone's anxiety.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.