Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is ShaneGibbs! can I insist on a one on one PIP assessment

Options
ShaneGibbs
ShaneGibbs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive recently become unable to due to a life long lung disease,which arose after being hospitalized with phnumoia over this last Xmas,  I'm also diagnosed with bipolar disorder which has not been an issue as I used to work as a general builder to the domestic market which helped me deal with my bipolar as symptoms only rear there ugly head when I have to many people around me that I do not know, so now I'm unable to work I'm seeing my mental health begin to start to be a problem again for me after 7 years which when they first detained and diagnosed my illness in a secure unit after being picked up on a 316 ,after which I was put on a section 28 and was released 2 months later, I've been physically assessed and awarded LCWRA , I was also told to claim PIP where they did a telephone assessment and the answers on the denial for pip letter showed the answer the not very pleasant lady had marked down and incorrect which I was shocked at I contacted them and sent in fresh report from my respiratory consultant so they said they re assess my case , can I insist on having a one to one assessment as I did to get awarded the LCWRA payment due to the reduced lung capacity along with the issues I'm now seeing again from my bipolar disorder which is extremely worrying for me, I've not had a penny from these benefits since submitting discharge and medical reports from hospital along with the huge applications back in late January 21st as waa only discharged from hospital with my life long inhaler x2 which I have with me at all times, I'm living in abstract poverty at the moment and not sure how much longer I can last before the psychosis begins that sadly I will have mo option to get some form of meds for at some point but at this stage my question is as above , can I insist on a one on one PIP assessment rather than just a silly phone call?, I would really appreciate any advice any one can offer me at those point as I'm not in a good place physically or mentally let alone financially destitute, I've worked my whole adult life so at 49 years old this the first time I'm in need of help from the system ive paid into for decades!, many thanks In advance.

Best Wishes,

Shane.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @ShaneGibbs welcome to our great group.
    I am sorry to hear about your struggles, i do not have the answers that you need, but i do know we have a few members that will be able to advise you.

I am sure your intro will be notice by our members when they wake up ha ha.
    In the mean time stay well and safe.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If a further assessment is needed then yes you can ask for a face to face. If the decision doesn't change you can challenge that by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.